Aruba Beach
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Jetblue fares

Quote Originally Posted by Andrea J. View Post
    The Jet Blue flights are not inexpensive.
    An alternative is AA out of Boston to JFK to AUA.
    the flight to jfk is real quick and then onto to aua.
    seems to me that if the savings are considerable.........$100 or more, it would be a logical /reasonable alternative.

same goes for routing thru miami although going mia from boston is almost a 4hr flight.
    then, another 2 hrs on to aruba.
    makes for a hugely long day.

delta connects thru atlanta
    air tran connects thru atlanta or orlando
    usair thru philly and charlotte

again, i recommend the AA connections the delta connections the usair connections and air tran over and above jet blue if the savings are considerable.
    your wallets dictate what is "considerable".
    If traveling in the winter, southern connections are usually better options. Atlanta, Miami or Charlotte are much safer connection points than JFK, Newark or Philly. A little weather can cast a shadow over your vacation very easily in the northeast.

We just booked our September flights on USAir out of Hartford for $477 RT each. This is almost unheard of out of BDL! We were hoping that Jet Blue from Boston would drop their prices, but they are still high. So USAir it is this time around. It's easier and cheaper for us to fly out of BDL anyway - much closer to home, cheaper parking, no Mass Pike tolls, etc.

JB starts flying out of BDL in November, so maybe we will luck out and eventually be able to get flights to Aruba from there. Right now, their schedule is very limited, but hopefully will expand. We shall see ...

Aruba here we come!!! Woo Hoo!!

Reniassance Island & Surf Club Lazy River
    Hey Ed, thanks for that option u mentioned !

Just booked Jet Blue this morning Bos-Aua for Friday, 10/22. Total RT non-stop for 2 adults $933.40 including taxes and fees. Half of what it has been.
    Nancy K

Next Aruba trip in

Quote Originally Posted by Nancy K View Post
    Just booked Jet Blue this morning Bos-Aua for Friday, 10/22. Total RT non-stop for 2 adults $933.40 including taxes and fees. Half of what it has been.

Great, you were so lucky. Wish JB would do something for Dec. from Boston to Aruba.

It took me months of checking almost daily to get that rate. I was flexible, weekday or Saturday. At one point, I almost booked a connection BOS or PVD, glad I held off. I listened to other people on this forum when they said to be patient and when you find a $ your willing to pay, book it. Worked for me.
    Nancy K

Next Aruba trip in

Finally made a decision and booked with JB Boston to Aruba direct as there were not many seats left. Plenty of seats for flight home though. Did have to have a Fri. departure. Price was still over $600 pp. Booked 2. Will keep checking & if fare goes down I think they will give a credit for difference.

Hello everyone...we were wondering the best time to book for April vaction Boston to Aruba? We have gone the last 4 years and used miles on AA or paid for the flight, but they stopped their direct flights and JB is really high and not out yet for April. Any ideas are greatly appreciated. We also have stayed at the Marriott Stellaris and noticed the rates have jumped up to $500 a night..we got our room for $140 per night last year. Also checked Hyatt and found the same thing. What is happening?? HELP! Any properties you like or would suggest? Either regular or AI...
    Thanks,
    Patty

Aruba since 1979
    my suggestion to folks that do not want to wait for JB or want to pay the JB fares search out the 1 stop routes/airlines. (read my earlier post in this thread)

and as far as hotels, my suggestion to you is to look into renting a timeshare. check out the timeshare threads here. put out a request.

Quote Originally Posted by talspal View Post
    Hello everyone...we were wondering the best time to book for April vaction Boston to Aruba? We have gone the last 4 years and used miles on AA or paid for the flight, but they stopped their direct flights and JB is really high and not out yet for April. Any ideas are greatly appreciated. We also have stayed at the Marriott Stellaris and noticed the rates have jumped up to $500 a night..we got our room for $140 per night last year. Also checked Hyatt and found the same thing. What is happening?? HELP! Any properties you like or would suggest? Either regular or AI...
    Thanks,
    Patty

Quote Originally Posted by Andrea J. View Post
    my suggestion to folks that do not want to wait for JB or want to pay the JB fares search out the 1 stop routes/airlines. (read my earlier post in this thread)
    You can very easily track this using services such as kayak.com

From today's Amigoe.com
    "... the hotels are concerned about the decreasing frequency of reservations in the past weeks, and the relatively higher ticket prices of flights particularly from the United States, which are currently up to 20 percent more expensive compared with one year ago...."

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast