Aruba Beach

Thread: July 31-August 7 Philly Area to Aruba Non-Stop

Question July 31-August 7 Philly Area to Aruba Non-Stop

Hey everyone,

Just wanted to post a quick question that I'm hoping all you airfare experts can help me with. I'm traveling to Aruba with my wife on the dates of Saturday, July 31 to Saturday, August 7, 2010. I live closest to the Philadelphia Airport, although it appears that Newark will have the best rates. Also, we want a Non-Stop flight.

I'm finding a price on Orbitz of around $586.00 per person (Continental/Non-Stop), including all taxes and fees. Is this a decent price? Should we holdout for a better one or just go ahead and book? How low could the price get in a "best case" scenario? How high could the price get in a "worst case" scenario?

Also, I see Orbitz has this "price assurance"...is that anything worthwhile? I've read the fine print and it looks like there are lots of exceptions.

Is Newark my best bet? Can I expect better than the $586.00 price I'm currently getting? Should I go with Orbitz and price assurance?

I'd appreciate any information that you could provide. Thank you in advance for your help!

Aruba since 1979
    your dates
    out of philly
    on usair
    usairways.com

$517.50 pp

7/31 #853 philly to aua
    8/7 #874 aua to charlotte
    #1585 charlote to philly

$517.50 pp as of 12:45 today march 31

Quote Originally Posted by rmac678 View Post
    Hey everyone,

Just wanted to post a quick question that I'm hoping all you airfare experts can help me with. I'm traveling to Aruba with my wife on the dates of Saturday, July 31 to Saturday, August 7, 2010. I live closest to the Philadelphia Airport, although it appears that Newark will have the best rates. Also, we want a Non-Stop flight.

I'm finding a price on Orbitz of around $586.00 per person (Continental/Non-Stop), including all taxes and fees. Is this a decent price? Should we holdout for a better one or just go ahead and book? How low could the price get in a "best case" scenario? How high could the price get in a "worst case" scenario?

Also, I see Orbitz has this "price assurance"...is that anything worthwhile? I've read the fine print and it looks like there are lots of exceptions.

Is Newark my best bet? Can I expect better than the $586.00 price I'm currently getting? Should I go with Orbitz and price assurance?

I'd appreciate any information that you could provide. Thank you in advance for your help!

Price assurance is pretty much pointless. The odds of someone buying the same flights on the same days via Orbitz is fairly slim. More often than not, you will get better prices direct from the airline websites than from Orbitz or some other sites.

wow-- that seems really expensive.

We go down Sunday through Saturday and flights are a little less then 500.pp round trip. A lot more to fly in Saturday through Saturday.

Please note that US Air direct flight out of PHL is typically delayed due to traffic volume.

Aruba's Novelist in Residence (sometimes)
    http://www.bentpage.wordpress.com/

Red face phila to aruba

Hi,

We are leaving the week after you but have booked through Newark. There are 11 of us so I called Continental and booked through group rates. We received a pretty good deal...$419.00 per person including taxes non stop. We are flying Friday to Friday which pretty much limited nonstops out of Phila. US Air has a non stop on Saturday. We usually fly out of Newark ...better prices and times. Hope this helps.