Aruba Beach
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: Just bought BOS-AUA Jet Blue

Just bought BOS-AUA Jet Blue

Following last year's method, I'm buying each leg of our next Aruba trip separately. Yesterday I bought the BOS-AUA leg for $276PP. That's the one checked bag price. We ended up with the later of the two non-stops because of the price difference as well.

Now I just have to keep my eyes open for the return leg. Currently the price of the return leg is $92PP more!

I find I have pretty good luck booking early. For our upcoming Thanksgiving trip I booked in March. Booking directly with JetBlue, nonstop round trip for $446 per person. The extra room seats were an additional $80 per person each way

368....with the 92 ??? that is an awesome price...I would jump on it immediately !!!!
    I have only seen that price twice out of pittsburgh....once on user about a million years ago and just this year about 2 weeks ago on southwest
    both were for the 2 weeks before thanksgiving....
    guess i just live in the wrong neck of the woods......:-(
    ARUBA....HOME AWAY FROM HOME

Quote Originally Posted by danadog56 View Post
    368....with the 92 ??? that is an awesome price...I would jump on it immediately !!!!
    I have only seen that price twice out of pittsburgh....once on user about a million years ago and just this year about 2 weeks ago on southwest
    both were for the 2 weeks before thanksgiving....
    guess i just live in the wrong neck of the woods......:-(
    Dan, that's $368PP for a one way ticket. I just paid $276PP for a one way ticket. I would expect the $368 to drop significantly and end up a lot closer to the $276 before I buy.

Quote Originally Posted by AndyM View Post
    Dan, that's $368PP for a one way ticket. I just paid $276PP for a one way ticket. I would expect the $368 to drop significantly and end up a lot closer to the $276 before I buy.
    Danadog is not a "Dan", she's a Michelle I believe. As for the return being much more expensive, isn't it the tax? Tax is higher on the returns.
    Please contact via e-mail at arubarennowner@gmail.com

Quote Originally Posted by rob o View Post
    Danadog is not a "Dan", she's a Michelle I believe. As for the return being much more expensive, isn't it the tax? Tax is higher on the returns.
    Thanks for the correction, rob o. Apologies to Michelle.

I didn't know that taxes were different. Last year the price of the return leg was @ $459PP for a long time. The price finally dropped to $326PP so I bought.

Prices for the two legs both fluctuate a lot but not at the same time. Last year I bought my outbound leg at the end of August and the homeward leg in mid-November.

Quote Originally Posted by AndyM View Post
    Thanks for the correction, rob o. Apologies to Michelle.

I didn't know that taxes were different. Last year the price of the return leg was @ $459PP for a long time. The price finally dropped to $326PP so I bought.

Prices for the two legs both fluctuate a lot but not at the same time. Last year I bought my outbound leg at the end of August and the homeward leg in mid-November.
    I think the tax difference is around $40, costing more on the return.
    Please contact via e-mail at arubarennowner@gmail.com

Good to know. thanks

I just looked at the taxes & fees difference on Jet Blue. It's about $35. for the flights I'm looking at so you are on top of things.

Just bought tickets for the return leg of our winter trip. $310./PP for a total R/T price of $586 each. That's pretty good for a non-stop from Boston in the Jan/Feb time frame.

My plan for buying the two legs separately appears to be effective after two years of doing it this way.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast