Aruba Beach
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Kansas City to Aruba being discontinued on Southwest

Kansas City to Aruba being discontinued on Southwest

Looked at a possible flight for later this year from KC to Aruba (we flew SW last year) and the website says the service will be discontinued on 8/7/2016. Has anyone noticed discontinued flights to Aruba on SW?

I think there is a date that they stop going to Aruba from most destinations...not sure why though.

Aruba since 1979
    might be because the demand dies down during a certain time period?

i know that some or all of the non stops from baltimore stop after early august.

Quote Originally Posted by Aruba4ever View Post
    I think there is a date that they stop going to Aruba from most destinations...not sure why though.

Planes need to be either 75% or 85% (I forget which) full not to lose cash....its probably the demand as Andrea mentioned.

They are cutting back from Baltimore too. They had daily nonstop but later this year only Saturdays will be nonstop. It's disappointing. That was our only nonstop option other than Saturdays on United.
    Not sure when, but we will be back

it might be some of those planes are used for the busy european travel season

Aruba since 1979
    swa flies to europe?
    Quote Originally Posted by lucky View Post
    it might be some of those planes are used for the busy european travel season

Oh wow!! We are flying back to KC from AUA on August 6th...good timing I guess! That stinks though for future years

Boca Catalina, Arashi Beach Manchebo Beach, Eagle Beach
    They are stopping our flight from Richmond, Va. to Aua in April. This flight connected in Orlando. SW has had a non stop from Richmond to Orlando for years. Many people in the area are disappointed that the non stop to Orlando is gone. We don't have many non stop flights from Richmond to anywhere, so losing such a popular one is big.

Quote Originally Posted by hatteras View Post
    They are stopping our flight from Richmond, Va. to Aua in April. This flight connected in Orlando. SW has had a non stop from Richmond to Orlando for years. Many people in the area are disappointed that the non stop to Orlando is gone. We don't have many non stop flights from Richmond to anywhere, so losing such a popular one is big.
    That's a shame, that is my parent's preferred airport. We have friends that got a great deal on Delta to Aruba from there (with a stop of course). It's not too much farther for us to use Richmond than Baltimore, but I just never really think about it. Other than Saturdays, we have no more options for nonstops to Aruba from our area.
    Not sure when, but we will be back

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast