Aruba Beach
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Snidely
  • 1 Post By Angela Munzenhofer

Thread: kayak.com

Thumbs down kayak.com

I have always been a faithful fan until now

Just double checked availability for fares and to see if there was a price change. During high season they were only showing one flight out of ATL on a Saturday.

In actuality there are 2 flights. Both were the same price so it was not even like they were trying to "hide" the more expensive flight. They just did not show the alternative.

Upon starting over, both flights were shown in the results.

Lesson of the day...Check and double check!

Past years I relied heavy on flight alerts from Kayak to track price drops. This trip, early in the process I noticed the site was not tracking all available alternates I had entered.

Having the time and tenacity, I manually check options twice daily. (have 3 regional airports that we utilize to get to O'hare). Kayak never alerted the flight we booked nor one other that was a nice option. This years flight, (to ORD then non-stop to AUA) $45 less than 2012, $100 less than 2010.

Realize everyone does not have the time, BUT, if can, do it yourself. IMHO

Snowing here again today. I am loving my ticker!
    Joe & Mimi

LIFE IS GOOD

snidely.....I unlike you are not diggin your tracker !!!! LOL....however, mine says 51 days so I can not be too jealous....
    As for managing flight prices.....i as well do it myself and have found several inconsistancies from one site to another....After I check all of those I usually check the airlines and usually find a better deal straight thorough them.....this year, so far, not so much for trip in November....:-(
    ARUBA....HOME AWAY FROM HOME

I would rather have the facts straight the first time So because of that I will have to do the hard work Google Flight Search instead of taking the easy way out

Quote Originally Posted by Arubalisa View Post
    I would rather have the facts straight the first time So because of that I will have to do the hard work Google Flight Search instead of taking the easy way out
    Lisa, nice to see you're returning for Christmas. Enjoy the countdown.
    Joe & Mimi

LIFE IS GOOD

Quote Originally Posted by Snidely View Post
    Lisa, nice to see you're returning for Christmas. Enjoy the countdown.
    Thanks Joe. We had "issues" with the food at the Tamarijn in July. I still have to write my trip report to go into detail. My notes are written. I was hoping that distance from the vacation would give it a bit more clarity, and then life got in the way, but bad food is bad food This year we are going to try something entirely different

Enjoy your long awaited trip!

I was always a fan of KAYAK until just last week. I scoured all over internet and to my surprise I find CheapOair with the best fare and also the least gap in between fares. I ended up booking a flight from aruba to detroit at half the price than going to Miami. It sure does help when you are your own travel agent. By the way I have been going to Aruba back and forth throughout the year and I found that sometimes its cheaper to fly one way and catch a different airline on the return...
    Capturing the passion and love of your special day in paradise.
    bellarubaphoto@yahoo.com