Aruba Beach
Like Tree4Likes
  • 4 Post By rob o

Thread: Kayak is Superb

Kayak is Superb

Twice within the past two weeks, while looking for flights from Providence to Aruba and back for New Years, I found fares on Kayak for American Airlines that were cheaper than when logging directly onto the American web site. The funny thing is that when purchasing, kayak directs you to the same American site but the lower price comes up. I don't know how and why this happens, but I saved over $200 per person for the round trip.
    rob o has left the forum, contact via e-mail at

Under a palapa on Palm beach
    That is interesting. I love Kayak! I set up flight alerts with them. I also use it for hotels frequently to decide which site to book through for the best deal,or to take advantage of the hotel's "low price guarantee".

The only reason I don't use those sites to "officially" book is that I have found that if you need to change a flight they are extremely inflexible. I will always search on them, but book through the airline. The few times their price has been lower and I tried to book I got a message saying, "sorry, the price has changed", and it reflects the price on the airline site. Maybe I just haven't been lucky...