Aruba Beach
Results 1 to 10 of 10
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By DANNYO

Thread: Killing the Golden Goose

  1. #1
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    69

    Killing the Golden Goose

    Just how long will it be before the exorbitant costs of air travel to Aruba and other destinations translate to dramatically reduced air travel and tourism at these locations. Spending an additional $800 to $1000 for a couple to travel to Aruba is simply not in the budget for alot of folks in these times. I hope things change soon or there could be far reaching ramifications for many tourism based economies.

  2. #2
    Aruba since 1979
    Moderator
    Andrea J.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    29,925
    many of us shake our heads and wonder the same
    Quote Originally Posted by Pattyt View Post
    Just how long will it be before the exorbitant costs of air travel to Aruba and other destinations translate to dramatically reduced air travel and tourism at these locations. Spending an additional $800 to $1000 for a couple to travel to Aruba is simply not in the budget for alot of folks in these times. I hope things change soon or there could be far reaching ramifications for many tourism based economies.

  3. #3
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    playa linda, aruba beach club, wacky wahoos, driftwood,french steakhouse, any happy hour
    Posts
    337
    not just Aruba, I am flying to Cleveland(yes Cleveland) from Boston next week and the cheapest flight was $400 !!!!

  4. #4
    Senior Member DANNYO's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Marriott Surf Club
    Posts
    1,713
    With the price of gas going up every day,the price will keep going up until people cut back.Then they will have to lower prices to fill the planes.

  5. #5
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    35
    My tickets for our trip in July are more than the whole vacation put together

  6. #6
    Senior Member Chadd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Arikok Antilla Natural pool
    Posts
    1,441
    Quote Originally Posted by DANNYO View Post
    With the price of gas going up every day,the price will keep going up until people cut back.Then they will have to lower prices to fill the planes.
    People have cut back and the price of oil is still going up. This has much more to do with market speculation, and even the devaluation of the US dollar, than anything related to actual consumption.

  7. #7
    Senior Member Cple's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Our favorite place on the island, is the great beach at the Boca Grandi. The water is the best, and its very quiet.
    Posts
    252

    Unfortunately, the world economy has had an affect on everything we do today. All vacation locations are being affected, some more than others. Hopefully the world recession will ease up, and the economy will improve over the next few years.
    We just have to keep the faith and we'll be able to continue enjoying Paradise, Aruba.

  8. #8
    Senior Member jdoll's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    235
    People find ways and adjust priorities. Short-term airfares are up but they are historically still cheap and compared to the world we are really cheap.

    Cira 1976 it cost $600 to fly coach from Chicago - London R/T; about the same as today, if not more. Hey Canadian ..... what is your opinion of $400 pp R/T airfares to Aruba?
    Aruba where the toughest question each day is "where to dine tonight".



  9. #9
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    69
    Quote Originally Posted by Chadd View Post
    People have cut back and the price of oil is still going up. This has much more to do with market speculation, and even the devaluation of the US dollar, than anything related to actual consumption.
    You hit the nail right on the head!

  10. #10
    Senior Member Karen Lutzker's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    The beaches and the sea
    Posts
    474

    Airfares

    Yes, pretty disheartening with the airfares all over. The best thing to do is keep daily watch on the airlines website and watch for a lower rate. I heard something to the effect that airfares change at midnight. Also, I heard that the airfares sometimes are lower on Tuesdays and Wednesday with a special sale.
    http://www.cayenaweddings.com
    Aruba's First Destination Wedding Planner
    Specialists in Wedding Coordination and Vow Renewals

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO