Aruba Beach
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree11Likes

Thread: Kiosks

Arashi Beach, Hyatt, Radisson, Shopping, Flea Market, Downtown, Palm Beach, Everything

Kiosks

Someone on another Aruba type forum said United now has a kiosk at the airport to print your boarding passes. They said they used it this past November. They never did in the past. Although we departed in December, never went inside the departure terminal cause we already printed our boarding passes and have no luggage to check.

Does anyone know OR if anyone is going soon, can you see if United now has a kiosk at departure cause that would make it so much easier than having to find an internet cafe or getting someone to print boarding passes. We don't check luggage so waiting in line seems foolish. Thanks

Have you tried mobile check-in? It sends a boarding pass to your phone or tablet.... Then you wouldn't need to line up at the kiosk either.

Arashi Beach, Hyatt, Radisson, Shopping, Flea Market, Downtown, Palm Beach, Everything
    Quote Originally Posted by act1966 View Post
    Have you tried mobile check-in? It sends a boarding pass to your phone or tablet.... Then you wouldn't need to line up at the kiosk either.
    But I have my phone on airplane mode so when I get to the airport, I do not have wifi so wouldn't be able to access it. Or am I completely wrong? Please understand we are technologically challenged people so rarely know how to do anything. I know I can have the boarding pass emailed to me but how do you access it if you don't have wifi available. And even if you did, would they accept two people's boarding pass on the same email?

Aruba since 1979
    aruba's airport has wifi and when your phone is on airplane mode, you can still turn on wifi!

and/or

if you do the mobile check in and have the boarding pass on your email...........move that boarding pass to your "Photos"
    then, when you check in just pull it up from your photos

just because you are on airplane mode does not mean you cannot be on wifi.

Gaby so many of us are challenged when it comes to this stuff.

how have you been printing your boarding passes on your last few trips?
    Quote Originally Posted by gaby View Post
    But I have my phone on airplane mode so when I get to the airport, I do not have wifi so wouldn't be able to access it. Or am I completely wrong? Please understand we are technologically challenged people so rarely know how to do anything. I know I can have the boarding pass emailed to me but how do you access it if you don't have wifi available. And even if you did, would they accept two people's boarding pass on the same email?

You don't have to put your phone in Airplane Mode until you're on the plane and about to take off (i.e. you can walk around with mobile or wifi connectivity when at the airport).

Typically, an airline app will embed your boarding pass scan code right in the app (rather than emailing it to you). So you would open the app and just show it at each check point.

You open the app and you would see this:

Kiosks-united-mobile-check-.jpg

You then just keep it open as you go through the airport and they scan it each time. It shows all your info: gate, boarding time, seat etc.

On United (last time I checked), for multiple passengers, it just "stacks" the codes and you just click on the person that is being scanned --> so you'd go through after they scan yours, hand the phone to your spouse, they click on their name and their code appears and the airport scans it.

Keep in mind you have to have booked your flights together (i.e. if they're separately booked, you'll each need the United app and a device to show the boarding code OR one of you will have the app and the other can display an emailed PDF that you would open and just switch to when required).

You are allowed to check-in twenty-four hours in advance of the flight so you'll know way ahead if there are any issues.

It's really easy after you try it. If anything, try it on your next trip down as there are a lot more check-in counters and assistance in the US if something goes wrong. I've never had an issue with the Air Canada app (which is a small miracle in and of itself).
    Last edited by act1966; 03-04-2018 at 09:09 AM.

Thanks, we usually print them at the clubhouse at the Gold Coast. I don't use my cell in Aruba except for wifi if its available. Andrea, someone else told me to do that, screen shot it and its in our photos and we are good to go. I still prefer a paper boarding pass. Act, I thought the same thing, try it on the way down. My United App won't work at the airport if I don't have wifi, which I would have to log on to the airport wifi and hold up the people behind me until it connects so I think I will do the screen shot of the barcode when I check in at the townhouse and then I should be good to go. But that was one of my questions, Act. If we are both on the same reservation, then I can have both of the boarding passes on one phone and scan them down to the next person, right?

Aruba since 1979
    U will have WiFi at the airport.
    U can do the screenshot thing with 2 boarding passes. (1 for each of you on the same phone)

If u want the paper boarding pass let the agent print it.

Quote Originally Posted by Andrea J. View Post
    U will have WiFi at the airport.
    U can do the screenshot thing with 2 boarding passes. (1 for each of you on the same phone)

If u want the paper boarding pass let the agent print it.
    Thank you, that was my exact concern.

Thanks, we usually print them at the clubhouse at the Gold Coast. I don't use my cell in Aruba except for wifi if its available. Andrea, someone else told me to do that, screen shot it and its in our photos and we are good to go. I still prefer a paper boarding pass. Act, I thought the same thing, try it on the way down. My United App won't work at the airport if I don't have wifi, which I would have to log on to the airport wifi and hold up the people behind me until it connects so I think I will do the screen shot of the barcode when I check in at the townhouse and then I should be good to go. But that was one of my questions, Act. If we are both on the same reservation, then I can have both of the boarding passes on one phone and scan them down to the next person, right?

The scan code resides in your phone as an image (ie you don't need to download it every time you open the app) The United site says you don't need a WiFi connection to use the mobile boarding pass (it's the first "Frequently Asked Question"):

https://www.united.com/web/en-US/con...s/default.aspx

So... You'd check in on the mobile app at home, the scan code is sent to your phone and then just leave the app open and show it at the airport.

Quote Originally Posted by act1966 View Post
    The scan code resides in your phone as an image (ie you don't need to download it every time you open the app) The United site says you don't need a WiFi connection to use the mobile boarding pass (it's the first "Frequently Asked Question"):

https://www.united.com/web/en-US/con...s/default.aspx

So... You'd check in on the mobile app at home, the scan code is sent to your phone and then just leave the app open and show it at the airport.
    Thank you Act, since I do have the app on my phone. that solves that problem. now i don't have to worry about finding a printer to print out the boarding pass.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast