Aruba Beach

Thread: KLM 5 x weekly Aruba

Renaissance Island, Arikok national Park, Oranjestad

KLM 5 x weekly Aruba

Hi guys, not sure if you all no but from October this year, KLM will update its weekly schedule from twice to five times weekly.

"
    Year-round access to Aruba is becoming easier for UK visitors, with the introduction of new KLM Royal Dutch Airlines' flights on 30 October 2011.
    Due to take effect when the airline's winter schedule is launched, KLM's service to Aruba will increase from 2 to 5 times per week.
    UK travellers planning to connect to Aruba can catch flights to Amsterdam Schiphol Airport from 19 UK Airports, including London, Birmingham, Manchester and Glasgow.
    The flights will depart from Amsterdam on Tuesdays, Wednesdays, Thursdays, Fridays and Sundays at 12:05 hours and will arrive in Aruba at 17.10 hours on the same day. The return flight will depart from Aruba on the same days at 18:30 hours, arriving in Amsterdam the next day at 10:25 hours, leaving plenty of time for connecting flights to/from the UK.
    The new flights will further reinforce Aruba as one of the top 10 Caribbean destinations for British travellers. The island continues bucking the trend in the Caribbean, with year-on-year UK visitors increasing by more than 26 per cent in 2010.
    Aruba Tourism Authority UK director Joanna Walding comments:
    "Aruba is one of the fastest growing destinations in the Caribbean for British holidaymakers. With KLM's increased service this winter, the island is becoming more accessible than ever - with temperatures rarely dipping below 28C, Aruba is the perfect destination for some winter sun ".
    Aruba is also accessible year-round from the UK on a number of American air carriers, as well as British Airways, connecting via the States. TUI flies directly to the island from the UK from May to October.

The flights will be operated by MD-11's, so a bit of a capacity drop from the 747s. But 5 is better than 2.

cheers

Dylan

Aruba since 1979
    i have never seen a 747 at QB airport.
    what is the capacity of a 747 vs an MD 11?
    Quote Originally Posted by Len123 View Post
    Hi guys, not sure if you all no but from October this year, KLM will update its weekly schedule from twice to five times weekly.

"
    Year-round access to Aruba is becoming easier for UK visitors, with the introduction of new KLM Royal Dutch Airlines' flights on 30 October 2011.
    Due to take effect when the airline's winter schedule is launched, KLM's service to Aruba will increase from 2 to 5 times per week.
    UK travellers planning to connect to Aruba can catch flights to Amsterdam Schiphol Airport from 19 UK Airports, including London, Birmingham, Manchester and Glasgow.
    The flights will depart from Amsterdam on Tuesdays, Wednesdays, Thursdays, Fridays and Sundays at 12:05 hours and will arrive in Aruba at 17.10 hours on the same day. The return flight will depart from Aruba on the same days at 18:30 hours, arriving in Amsterdam the next day at 10:25 hours, leaving plenty of time for connecting flights to/from the UK.
    The new flights will further reinforce Aruba as one of the top 10 Caribbean destinations for British travellers. The island continues bucking the trend in the Caribbean, with year-on-year UK visitors increasing by more than 26 per cent in 2010.
    Aruba Tourism Authority UK director Joanna Walding comments:
    "Aruba is one of the fastest growing destinations in the Caribbean for British holidaymakers. With KLM's increased service this winter, the island is becoming more accessible than ever - with temperatures rarely dipping below 28C, Aruba is the perfect destination for some winter sun ".
    Aruba is also accessible year-round from the UK on a number of American air carriers, as well as British Airways, connecting via the States. TUI flies directly to the island from the UK from May to October.

The flights will be operated by MD-11's, so a bit of a capacity drop from the 747s. But 5 is better than 2.

cheers

Dylan

http://www.klm.com/travel/gb_en/prep...plans/md11.htm
    747-400 -- 415 passengers
    747-400 Combi --275 passengers
    MD 11 -- 285 passengers

Renaissance Island, Arikok national Park, Oranjestad
    Andrea
    KLM send the 747 every Monday and Wednesday. That is until October the 30th of this year. I will dig up a few of my photos from my last trip and put them on here. I also have a video of it that is on YouTube. I'll post the link later.

I saw a KLM 747 while I was waiting for my flight home.

Aruba since 1979
    in all of the years arriving and leaving out of aruba we have never seen a 747.
    we have always traveled to and from aruba on a thurs or sat or sun

It was there last Thursday.

I saw the 747 take off and land several times. Last year, I also saw a 747 do a go around, probably after a missed approach.

Aruba's Novelist in Residence (sometimes)
    http://www.bentpage.wordpress.com/