• 4 Post By qlaval
  • 2 Post By Aruba-Mark
  • 2 Post By Aruba-Mark

Thread: Legroom: How airlines compare

Legroom: How airlines compare

Legroom: How airlines compare...
    See picture below.

Legroom: How airlines compare-jb.jpg

I have flown Spirit once... from DFW to Cancun. It's a fairly short flight about 2 hours. It felt like I was sitting on a metal bleacher for 2 hours. Spirit is absolutely awful.

I flew Spirit to Aruba a few years ago and upgraded my seat to the "big" seats up front. They were comfortable, cost me 45 dollars per flight but I was glad I did, I hate being crowded into the seats that are for folks that weigh 100 pounds dripping wet and are about 5'1".That being said, I fly USAir mostly and because I usually can get bulkhead, or exit row seats or aisle...I really don't have a problem. And I am not 100#and 5'1".....much taller and heavier....I just refuse to sit in the window seat unless its a short flight and only 2 seats....this way at least I have no body on one side of me and I feel like I can breathe.....
    Delta seats are about the same, but you can upgrade to more leg room for a cost and it depends on the duration of the flight, worth it if flying to aruba but not if a short flight.....finally, don't even get me started about AA and United...hate them both equally, period. Every flight has some kind of issue.....delays, really tight seating, smelly and dirty......
    ok, done with my 2 cents.....:-)
    ARUBA....HOME AWAY FROM HOME

I did the same thing on the Spirit flight. Upgraded to the bigger seats which helped but felt like I had boater's bottom after getting up after 2 hours. The seat has ZERO cusion. Also felt like they tried to nickel and dimed me to death. We nicknamed Spirit "Ghetto Air". Fairly appropriate.

Aruba since 1979
    hahahaha funny you call it ghetto air.
    my husband and i took spirit a few years ago to atlantic city from orlando and we called it a cross between valujet and the projects.
    the nickel and diming was terrible.

Quote Originally Posted by Aruba-Mark View Post
    I did the same thing on the Spirit flight. Upgraded to the bigger seats which helped but felt like I had boater's bottom after getting up after 2 hours. The seat has ZERO cusion. Also felt like they tried to nickel and dimed me to death. We nicknamed Spirit "Ghetto Air". Fairly appropriate.

We took Spirit to Las Vegas... five hours.... yes, nickle and dime. One guy had to pay for a small carry on.
    Thank god for extra large ladies bags that can hold a few over night items. lol
    On the way back the plane was half empty so we all took three seats... nice since it was a red eye flight.

I fully realize that this is NOT a popular opinion so to each their own.

My brother flies and LOVES Spirit. You CANNOT beat the prices ---> NO frills. If you have to have a CHEAP airfare they are the way to go. He dress in layers and packs his tidy whities in his computer bag.

Lucky him snagging a $173 RT out of snowy Atlantic City to Fort Lauderdale for this Friday to Monday and during spring break no less! Right now Delta wants $244 from ATLANTA to West Palm Beach. No frills = cheap prices.
    Last edited by Arubalisa; 02-26-2015 at 12:24 PM.