Aruba Beach
Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast
Results 91 to 100 of 101
Like Tree34Likes

Thread: lines at airport

  1. #91
    Senior Member ~Amy~'s Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    2,690
    Quote Originally Posted by brph26 View Post
    This is good to hear!! We will be leaving on a Sunday as well. Once you clear US Customs, are there restaurants/shops to visit or do you need to do that before going through customs? I really don't want to arrive at the airport any earlier than we need to, but I also don't want to be in a rush and hurrying to get to the plane.
    The majority of shops and a couple of restaurants are located before U.S. Customs. At the gate areas you will have a few small shops/kiosks and a couple of sandwich/pizza places but they are more take-out type places.

    Saturdays and Sundays are always the busiest days at the airport. Unless you have an early flight (around 1pm or earlier) I would plan on being at the airport at least 2 1/2 hours prior to your flight (in high season you would need 3 hours prior.)
    ~Amy~ - 35th trip to Aruba: New Years Eve 2017/2018 -- Zihuatanejo, MX: March 2018 -- Ireland: June/July 2018 -- 36th trip to Aruba: Sept. 2018




  2. #92
    Member brph26's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    61
    Quote Originally Posted by ~Amy~ View Post
    It helps when you have the earlier flights that depart before or around 1pm because there are only a few that depart around that time. The majority of U.S. flights depart around 3pm and that's when the lines will start forming to get everyone through security, U.S. Customs, etc. at the same time.

    Oh great! Our flight leaves at 3:20! lol But...I'd rather endure the lines and still have one last full morning at the resort!

  3. #93
    Senior Member ~Amy~'s Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    2,690
    Quote Originally Posted by brph26 View Post
    Oh great! Our flight leaves at 3:20! lol But...I'd rather endure the lines and still have one last full morning at the resort!

    Just make sure you give yourself enough time to make it through all of the security checks, Aruba immigration, and U.S. customs.

    Have a great trip!
    ~Amy~ - 35th trip to Aruba: New Years Eve 2017/2018 -- Zihuatanejo, MX: March 2018 -- Ireland: June/July 2018 -- 36th trip to Aruba: Sept. 2018




  4. #94
    Member brph26's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    61
    Quote Originally Posted by ~Amy~ View Post
    The majority of shops and a couple of restaurants are located before U.S. Customs. At the gate areas you will have a few small shops/kiosks and a couple of sandwich/pizza places but they are more take-out type places.

    Saturdays and Sundays are always the busiest days at the airport. Unless you have an early flight (around 1pm or earlier) I would plan on being at the airport at least 2 1/2 hours prior to your flight (in high season you would need 3 hours prior.)
    Thanks for the advice! I would hate to miss the flight because of my shopping habits! but I would also hate to be bored sitting at the gate for an hour + with nothing to do...

  5. #95
    Senior Member WaltVB's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Scott's Brats, Iguana Joes, Surf Club
    Posts
    2,758
    It seems as though we are always at the gate at least an hour early. We hit One Happy Bar for a farewell drink or two, maybe play the slots, grab a snack or pick up a last minute momento. But whatever you do, do not look out the window at the arriving passengers. They are going to be all smiles having just arrived and beginning their stay. I am always so jealous of them.

  6. #96
    Aruba since 1979
    Moderator
    Andrea J.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    29,931
    quite often we wind up at the gate with more than an hour to kill.
    we meander around, get a snack, check out some more purchases (but the merchandise at the gate area is no where near as varied or as good as in the duty free area downstairs prior to US CUSTOMS)

    and there is a slot parlor upstairs..........but our last few flights home from aruba were on the AA miami flight, so the slot parlor was not open that early. i have heard no mention of it over the past few months.....so is the slot parlor still up and running???
    that would be a way to kill some time, making donations

    Quote Originally Posted by brph26 View Post
    Thanks for the advice! I would hate to miss the flight because of my shopping habits! but I would also hate to be bored sitting at the gate for an hour + with nothing to do...

  7. #97
    Senior Member DiviDiviFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Pelican Pier at sunset with a bucket of Brights! Sunsets at Bunker Bar LG Smith Steakhouse, Paddock
    Posts
    1,825
    Quote Originally Posted by WaltVB View Post
    It seems as though we are always at the gate at least an hour early. We hit One Happy Bar for a farewell drink or two, maybe play the slots, grab a snack or pick up a last minute momento. But whatever you do, do not look out the window at the arriving passengers. They are going to be all smiles having just arrived and beginning their stay. I am always so jealous of them.
    We do the same I would rather relax than stress any day of the week. Maybe we should rename the bar One Sad Bar as we are all having our farewell drinks until our next visit (lol)....just kidding it is still a happy and fun place to meet other people leaving and share our trip stories.

  8. #98
    Super Moderator Jacki's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    5,860
    Our flight left at 5pm this past Sunday - there were no lines inside departure hall, no lines at Aruba immigration, a very short line at security, no lines at US customs - we really walked right through everything! Shopped a little longer than we should have at the Duty Free downstairs, they delivered it upstairs and we waited for about 15 minutes and boarded.
    Jacki ~ loving Aruba from NJ

  9. #99
    Senior Member Arubalisa's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Any Aruba beach...
    Posts
    13,177
    Quote Originally Posted by Jacki View Post
    Our flight left at 5pm this past Sunday - there were no lines inside departure hall, no lines at Aruba immigration, a very short line at security, no lines at US customs
    You have to love those late flights when everyone else has already departed.

  10. #100
    Super Moderator Jacki's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    5,860
    It is always my intention to book the first flight out heading to Aruba & the last flight out heading back to Jersey
    Jacki ~ loving Aruba from NJ

Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO