Aruba Beach
Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Like Tree34Likes

Thread: lines at airport

Quote Originally Posted by gaby View Post
    can you pass the people and go right through to customs?
    I am thinking you can pass anyone who is not already in the line to enter the US Customs queue line. Then again, we have always had to claim our luggage in the "luggage room", BUT it has ALWAYS been right there waiting for us, so we simply grab it and get into the US Customs queue line. Like any other line in the world, it will be first come, first served?

Boca Catalina, Arashi Beach Manchebo Beach, Eagle Beach
    If the line is anything like it was when we were there in Feb., there won't be a way to pass anyone. The US customs line was backed up all the way to the back of the luggage room. We found our luggage and then went to end of the line. Anyone without checked luggage probably only beat getting in line ahead of us by a few minutes. On that particular day, it would not have made any difference. We left on a Friday.

Arashi Beach, Hyatt, Radisson, Shopping, Flea Market, Downtown, Palm Beach, Everything
    I'm pretty sure if people have to keep waiting 3 hours to go through the various customs, etc., eventually word will get out and they'll pick another island. only die hard aruba visitors will go. then hopefully we won't have that big a wait, lol.

Boca Catalina, Arashi Beach Manchebo Beach, Eagle Beach
    Gaby, you are right. It is such a shame that this has happened. It is such a lousy way to end the trip. My husband and I were joking that we might have to start lining up outside the doors of the airport the night before, in order to make our flight.

Quote Originally Posted by hatteras View Post
    If the line is anything like it was when we were there in Feb., there won't be a way to pass anyone. The US customs line was backed up all the way to the back of the luggage room. We found our luggage and then went to end of the line. Anyone without checked luggage probably only beat getting in line ahead of us by a few minutes. On that particular day, it would not have made any difference. We left on a Friday.
    Thank you for saying it so much better than I could put into words

On March 22nd, there were a couple individuals maintaining the organized back-up. Direction given was, 'one stay in line, the other retrieve your luggage'. Mimi went to get a luggage cart and as she returned one of the gents asked, "where is your luggage?" As she pointed out the bags, he loaded the cart.

No way to get 'ahead' in the line as it was continuos into luggage room and then out toward the shops.

IMHO, go to the airport planning on, and prepared for long lines and delays. If they don't happen, just think how pleased you'll feel. If they do it'll be nothing more than you expected.
    Joe & Mimi

LIFE IS GOOD

My hubby has to be in a wheelchair and they have always taken us to the front of the lines...granted it still takes awhile...but I wonder if this will change? We still get there 3 hours before our flight, I'd rather wait at the gate instead of missing our flight. Also, how are the flights going out of the states? And just one more question, when we have a stop over going to Aruba, do you go through customs again. It has been quite awhile since we haven't gone non stop.
    Thanks!
    Pat
    Last edited by Love Aruba; 03-30-2013 at 10:21 PM. Reason: To finish the post

Aruba since 1979
    nope
    once you clear US CUSTOMS in AUA you are done with customs......except those going on to canada must clear canadian customs at their final on in canada

Quote Originally Posted by Love Aruba View Post
    My hubby has to be in a wheelchair and they have always taken us to the front of the lines...granted it still takes awhile...but I wonder if this will change? We still get there 3 hours before our flight, I'd rather wait at the gate instead of missing our flight. Also, how are the flights going out of the states? And just one more question, when we have a stop over going to Aruba, do you go through customs again. It has been quite awhile since we haven't gone non stop.
    Thanks!
    Pat

playa linda, aruba beach club, wacky wahoos, driftwood,french steakhouse, any happy hour
    maybe it's time to start considering Bonaire and Curacao.

Long Lines

Quote Originally Posted by paulmorin View Post
    maybe it's time to start considering Bonaire and Curacao.
    On April 27th we are going to Aruba for the 5th year. We go for 10 days and leave Aruba on either a Tuesday or Wednesday. The lines have been OK the last two years. I'm starting to think it's that we leave mid week or that we go after all the school vacations and have less people to deal with.

I hope we don't start running into problems. We love Aruba but would hate to have to spend 4 hours in the airport before a 5 hour flight.

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast