Aruba Beach
Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
Like Tree34Likes

Thread: lines at airport

Boca Catalina, Arashi Beach Manchebo Beach, Eagle Beach
    For our flight (which was about six weeks ago now) they didn't start boarding until right about the time we were supposed to leave Aruba. We still made it to our destination on time. I heard other flights paging passengers over and over again. While we were in the customs line, a rep. from delta was going through the lines, looking for passengers that were on a flight that was close to time for departing, and pulling them ahead of all of us in line. From what I've read on this board, I believe that our departure day was near the beginning of all of the customs back-ups. They may have made some other adjustments by now. I truly hope they find a way to improve this situation, but with the new cuts that have just been enforced, it seems unlikely in the near future. If US customs doesn't get any better, I hope that the airlines will start opening up the check in lines before three hours before departure.
    Last edited by hatteras; 04-03-2013 at 10:29 PM.

When I went to Aruba last year in September, it only took me 1 hour to check in, get luggage and clear both customs. I was there 3 hours before departure flight suggested. When I landed in aruba I was the 4 person to go through custom. I guess it was low season because there wasn't that many people there.

We will see now when I go in May which is the memorial day weekend. If its really that bad I will have to go back to going in September..

We left Aruba on Monday at 12:45 - I had seen many posts about the long lines so we arrives at the airport at 10 but we were through both Aruba and US customs in less than an hour that included us being randomly picked to have our luggage searched. That happened exactly 1 minute after I said to my husband that it was our first trip anywhere that he was not picked to be patted down - it's like he has a sign that says search me on him.

Amy on Monday April 1st we were through in 1 hour I hope you find it the same.

Quote Originally Posted by rapp110 View Post
    Amy on Monday April 1st we were through in 1 hour I hope you find it the same.
    Thanks!
    What time was your flight? I'm departing on Delta at 3pm on a Tuesday so I hope I have the same good fortune you did.

I'm worried about my connection as well. Been reading stories on another board where they've been holding the planes up to 2 hours since the majority of passengers were not on the plane yet. Then, of course, everyone who had connections didn't make it in time.
    ~Amy~ - 35th trip to Aruba: New Years Eve 2017/2018 -- Zihuatanejo, MX: March 2018 -- Ireland: June/July 2018 -- 36th trip to Aruba: Sept. 2018

Quote Originally Posted by ~Amy~ View Post
    Then, of course, everyone who had connections didn't make it in time.
    I would love to see the statistics on the number of U.S. passengers flying from Aruba who are NOT on non-stop flights.

Are we talking about large quantities of people How long will the airlines tolerate a good many of their passengers missing connections due to US bureaucracy?

Quote Originally Posted by Arubalisa View Post
    I would love to see the statistics on the number of U.S. passengers flying from Aruba who are NOT on non-stop flights.

Are we talking about large quantities of people How long will the airlines tolerate a good many of their passengers missing connections due to US bureaucracy?
    Depends on where the flight is going. Boston is mostly O&D, Atlanta and Charlotte are mostly connections.

Exclamation

Its Official: Furloughs at Customs and Border Protection Postponed
    "For now, the employees will not face any reduction in hours, overtime or otherwise." That action was PRIOR to the Boston Bombings.

So any recent reports on long waits at the airport in Aruba?

Aruba since 1979
    i just received a PM from a forum member who is not allowed to post while at work.
    but he said to me that on saturday the 20th, he got to the airport at noon for a 4 pm flight and he and family went from ticketing area to gate in 45 minutes.
    the line at us customs moved freely and he estimated his time there in line was less than 15 min.

he asked me to post that he saw nothing unusual and it seemed pretty normal.

I was at the airport this last Saturday as well (4-20), I had a 12:15 flight. I arrived at the airport at 9:30 and I was at the gate waiting by 10:25, everything went fairly smoothly, there were at least 6 customs booths open.

Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast