Aruba Beach
Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
Like Tree34Likes

Thread: lines at airport

Just got back last night. Had a 3pm flight with Delta yesterday (Tuesday). Got to the Aruba airport at 12:20pm and was at my gate by 1:10pm (helped a little though that I was in the First Class lane at the ticket counter so I bypassed the longer line.) Smooth sailing all the way home. Probably also helped that I flew home on a Tuesday, too. There were 4 U.S. Customs booths open.
    ~Amy~ - 35th trip to Aruba: New Years Eve 2017/2018 -- Zihuatanejo, MX: March 2018 -- Ireland: June/July 2018 --
    36th trip to Aruba: Sept. 2018

How was First Class with Delta Amy?

I'm flying with them 1st class to Aruba in 3 weeks from NY...

I really don't care where I sit when I fly, just as long as I get there safe and sound!!! Whats a little more leg room!!! Ha, like I need that....
    Scotts Brats
    Playa Linda Resort
    facebook - Legends Pub Aruba
    legendspubaruba.com
    Legends Pub

Aruba since 1979
    exactly...., well said LuvSun
    getting there safely is the goal.

Quote Originally Posted by luvsun View Post
    I really don't care where I sit when I fly, just as long as I get there safe and sound!!! Whats a little more leg room!!! Ha, like I need that....

Quote Originally Posted by ace2063 View Post
    How was First Class with Delta Amy?

I'm flying with them 1st class to Aruba in 3 weeks from NY...
    It's good! We're Delta Medallion members so get bumped up frequently on Delta. They offer drinks (or whatever you need) while others are still boarding along with bottled water right away, champagne is offered on the Caribbean leg in addition to the usual drinks, hot towels, meals are pretty decent and you get a choice of a couple of entrees, they use glassware (unlike USAir who uses plastic in First Class and offers a few less amenities), and have always had very nice service. Depending on the type of aircraft you sometimes get individual movie choices/screens instead of the overhead screen for movies. It's a nice comfortable flight with plenty of extra room and nice service. Enjoy and have a great trip!
    Last edited by ~Amy~; 05-01-2013 at 11:40 PM.
    ~Amy~ - 35th trip to Aruba: New Years Eve 2017/2018 -- Zihuatanejo, MX: March 2018 -- Ireland: June/July 2018 --

Arashi Beach, Hyatt, Radisson, Shopping, Flea Market, Downtown, Palm Beach, Everything
    how were the security lines, both the aruba security line and the lines for us customs. once you passed the ticket counter (we do carry on so don't need to know that part of the process), how long was the process?

Quote Originally Posted by gaby View Post
    how were the security lines, both the aruba security line and the lines for us customs. once you passed the ticket counter (we do carry on so don't need to know that part of the process), how long was the process?
    After checking in at the ticket counter, all lines (including U.S. Customs) were about the same with a small wait time. The only line with no wait time was the second security line - breezed right through that one. Based on my past 27 trips, everything was "normal" for a Tuesday departure.

Arashi Beach, Hyatt, Radisson, Shopping, Flea Market, Downtown, Palm Beach, Everything
    thank you, Amy. I hope those that travel weekends, Saturday & Sunday, keep us posted on wait times so those of us who are returning on a weekend can estimate their time. if its back to the normal times for weekends, that's okay. it usually takes us less than an hour on a sunday (that's without checking in at the ticket counter). but of course we go & come home in early December when its less crowded. I have no idea how crowded it gets in aruba the first 2 weeks of October. does anyone know? how silly, of course someone will know. lol..........

Aruba since 1979
    my "silly" thoughts ..........the answer from me is that typically october and december crowds are similar numbers. with of course the exception of christmas season.
    Quote Originally Posted by gaby View Post
    thank you, Amy. I hope those that travel weekends, Saturday & Sunday, keep us posted on wait times so those of us who are returning on a weekend can estimate their time. if its back to the normal times for weekends, that's okay. it usually takes us less than an hour on a sunday (that's without checking in at the ticket counter). but of course we go & come home in early December when its less crowded. I have no idea how crowded it gets in aruba the first 2 weeks of October. does anyone know? how silly, of course someone will know. lol..........

We were there the second week of October last year and the lines were actually quite long in comparison to when we were there in the middle of August last year. We were transporting a pup for ARF, so it annoyed me that we had to wait in long customs lines. We will be there in 2 1/2 weeks, so this time I will get to see what the lines are like at the end of May. Lines or no lines, can't wait.

Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast