Aruba Beach
Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011 LastLast
Like Tree34Likes

Thread: lines at airport

I hear on another forum in Turks and Caicos they will let you go to the front of the line if there is chance you will miss your plane. I guess it is not this way in Aruba. It sounds dreadful. We will be leaving 8 February 2014. I don't look forward to it at all. I usually try and leave late, to try and enjoy the last day somewhat but now that won't be possible. Actually it ends up being only 5 day there when one includes travel "days."

I don't know about the other forum but more than once we have been on line, when according to flight time, they began calling out flight numbers and pulling people out of line.

If an airline has a huge pile of suitcases at luggage pickup they will know that people are stuck in line. I would be bet they also have a count of how many bags were picked up in the luggage room and have been placed (or not placed) on the conveyor after Customs and Immigration.

Our first trip to Aruba we didn't realize we had to go through US Customs. We were sitting at the bar pre US customs happily sipping on a beer when someone came and asked if we were American and advised us that we needed to move along. We had to scramble to get though customs but learned our lesson and appreciated the person who came and found us.

That was very nice of them. I know I thought we were done as well. This happens to "first timers." I always warn newbies about that--you think "ah ha I am finaly through" just find out "you must go through it all again!!!

We only go for one week and we always jus go with carry ons. I manage to get by but with the new restrictions with carryons I am fearful they won't let me take it on claiming it is to big. It has been fine for years and years and now it is to "big." In PHL airport Delta stopped me and made me fit it into some iron measurement tool. It did not fit and they sent me back to the line for check in--upon leaving I had no problem in Florida on the return flight.

Quote Originally Posted by Diann24 View Post
    I hear on another forum in Turks and Caicos they will let you go to the front of the line if there is chance you will miss your plane.
    I hate when that happens, people shouldn't be rewarded for being selfish. There are times when people honestly don't know better, but more often than not it is done intentionally. At least that has been my experience.

Quote Originally Posted by Diann24 View Post
    I hear on another forum in Turks and Caicos they will let you go to the front of the line
    PLS passengers are not pre cleared so you don't have to wait on US Customs until you arrive in the USA.

I just returned last Sunday, arrived at the airport said our good by's to Han's at around 10:15 took about 20 min. to get through the Jet Blue line and about 10 min to get to the Duty Free area. Had lunch and the wife shopped for a little bit approx 45 min went and got our bags got in line at american immigration took about 20 min. I think it went very smooth just like it use to. No problems at all.
    Next Aruba trip in

Quote Originally Posted by angelone View Post
    I just returned last Sunday, arrived at the airport said our good by's to Han's at around 10:15 took about 20 min. to get through the Jet Blue line and about 10 min to get to the Duty Free area. Had lunch and the wife shopped for a little bit approx 45 min went and got our bags got in line at american immigration took about 20 min. I think it went very smooth just like it use to. No problems at all.
    This is good to hear!! We will be leaving on a Sunday as well. Once you clear US Customs, are there restaurants/shops to visit or do you need to do that before going through customs? I really don't want to arrive at the airport any earlier than we need to, but I also don't want to be in a rush and hurrying to get to the plane.

Ahhh!! Just saw my ticker! 18 days! I really need to start packing!!

Quote Originally Posted by angelone View Post
    It helps when you have the earlier flights that depart before or around 1pm because there are only a few that depart around that time. The majority of U.S. flights depart around 3pm and that's when the lines will start forming to get everyone through security, U.S. Customs, etc. at the same time.
    ~Amy~ - 35th trip to Aruba: New Years Eve 2017/2018 -- Zihuatanejo, MX: March 2018 -- Ireland: June/July 2018 --
    36th trip to Aruba: Sept. 2018

Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011 LastLast