Aruba Beach
Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By Jacki
  • 1 Post By Andrea J.
  • 1 Post By Jacki

Thread: Looking for help traveling from Germany

Looking for help traveling from Germany

Anyone have advice on traveling from Germany to Aruba? I've tried looking up flights to the US first, also to Madrid then AUA - prices are high, which I was expecting, but the travel time/layover times are nuts!
    Jacki ~ loving Aruba from NJ

I would look at connections through Amsterdam, JFK, Atlanta and Miami.

Or the other option is flying from Germany to London Gatwick and using Thomson from there.

Thanks. What is Thompson? A travel agency?

Thomson is a UK charter they do packages or just flights. http://flights.thomson.co.uk/en/index.html

I would also, instead of looking for pricing for say

Germany- Amsterdam- Aruba or Germany- JFK- Aruba, price out your legs separately to see if it was cheaper.

For example

Germany to say Amsterdam or JFK or Atlanta

and then

Amsterdam, JFK or Atlanta to Aruba

An inter-European airline may be much less expensive from Germany to Amsterdam or Gatwick or even Heathrow.

You may be able then get a good price on KLM out of Amsterdam direct to Aruba.

Not sure of the time of the year for your flights, but you could also consider Europe to Boston then Boston to Aruba on Jet Blue or I forgot about United through Newark, Philadelphia or Charlotte (sorry not sure if Charlotte has flights from Europe).

It may be worth a phone call to a brick and mortar travel agent. They sometimes have access to consolidators for less expensive airfares.

If you live in a major city there may be consolidator agencies listed in your Sunday travel section of your newspaper.

THANK YOU for the info!!

I am in NJ, we are close to Newark, JFK & LaGuardia which is awesome. I am looking for my nieces who live in Frankfurt, Germany and are trying to meet us in Aruba this August, then come to NY for a bit, then go back to Germany but the flights I'm finding are over $3k USD.

Aruba since 1979
    the flights are outrageously high
    paul and i had looked into a repositioning cruise on celebrity...the cruise pp was $890 incl tax. the one way airfare was $1700pp! ouch.

i wish you well and hope that your nieces can join you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jacki View Post
    THANK YOU for the info!!

I am in NJ, we are close to Newark, JFK & LaGuardia which is awesome. I am looking for my nieces who live in Frankfurt, Germany and are trying to meet us in Aruba this August, then come to NY for a bit, then go back to Germany but the flights I'm finding are over $3k USD.

Thanks Found round trip Frankfurt to JFK for $900. Now trying one way from JFK to AUA & from AUA to Newark since we are flying round trip out of Newark.

AWESOME news!

Hopefully Jet Blue, Delta or US Air will have something our of JFK.

Quote Originally Posted by Jacki View Post
    Anyone have advice on traveling from Germany to Aruba? I've tried looking up flights to the US first, also to Madrid then AUA - prices are high, which I was expecting, but the travel time/layover times are nuts!
    Probably best to take Lufthansa FRA-MIA, AA MIA-AUA or LH to JFK.

Thanks for all the help! They have booked their flights!! FRA-Amsterdam, Amsterdam to Curacao, Curacao to Aruba for only 1100 Euro - that means they will not come back to NY with us but they'll be able to come to Aruba, which is amazing