Aruba Beach
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Looking for information about Newark

We usually stay at the Hilton Newark airport. They have covered parking in a secure garage for the week and a shuttle to the airport. All you have to do is call them when you return and they come and get you. We always stay the night before our flight, especially since we drive in from CT.

Last year when we were going to Mexico.. we drove to newark from LI for a direct flight on Continental.. using stay123.com we parked the veh for 7 days and stayed overnight when we returned all for $99. had a min frig and micro in room..slept 4 people and got a free breakfast..couldn't beat that..u can stay before or after ur trip..we stayed at the Courtyard by Marriott...it aw chaper to do this than fly out of kennedy or la guardia.
    Next Aruba trip in

Flights are SUPER high right now....

I just booked for a trip to Aruba in April and it was very expensive. I live in South Jersey and tried to fly out of Philly, Newark, or AC. US Air direct was $1000. Everything out of Newark was non direct and $700. I booked out of BWI for $440. If you stay at the hotel airports at BWI alot of them offer free parking while you are on your trip.

Aruba since 1979
    yup alic
    a good site to go to is parksleepfly.com
    Quote Originally Posted by Alic View Post
    I just booked for a trip to Aruba in April and it was very expensive. I live in South Jersey and tried to fly out of Philly, Newark, or AC. US Air direct was $1000. Everything out of Newark was non direct and $700. I booked out of BWI for $440. If you stay at the hotel airports at BWI alot of them offer free parking while you are on your trip.

Thanks for the share. I kept trying to clarify the link but the forums keeps denying me....

We always flew out of Philly to Aruba on USAir. The New York Times actually did an article on me and my husband because we used to drive from the Jersey Shore the night before and stay overnight in a Stay, Park & Fly for 49.00! those days are long gone (and that was only around 2001, 2002, 2003). Continental out of Newark is direct and much better priced now. We still stay overnight so we can just wake up and get the shuttle to the airport. We've tried pretty much ALL the hotels in and around Newark airport and have now found the Wyndham Garden and love it. None of them are in GREAT areas, but its convienent and can also park for up to 14 days for only 99.00! Good Luck!

hmm, now thats an option with going the night before-

I was going to take the regional rail to Newark Airport.
    Even Amtrak goes there from here.

With USAir the flight just went up 100pp more then what I was looking at-- and I can honestly say-- I can not see me spending 1300 for airfare for one vacation- that fee is just out of the budget.

let me see the hotels and the pricing-- see what I can find-- thanks

Airfare from Newark, NJ

Just booked from Newark for May 2011.....$375 Non-Stop R/T!! Continental.com!!

Steve

$477 with tax. Still tons cheaper then PHL at 650.

funny though-- when you check for seats---there are none taken

Quote Originally Posted by elisabeth_nj View Post
    We always flew out of Philly to Aruba on USAir. The New York Times actually did an article on me and my husband because we used to drive from the Jersey Shore the night before and stay overnight in a Stay, Park & Fly for 49.00! those days are long gone (and that was only around 2001, 2002, 2003). Continental out of Newark is direct and much better priced now. We still stay overnight so we can just wake up and get the shuttle to the airport. We've tried pretty much ALL the hotels in and around Newark airport and have now found the Wyndham Garden and love it. None of them are in GREAT areas, but its convienent and can also park for up to 14 days for only 99.00! Good Luck!
    Cancelled my reservation and went with this hotel!!!! Great deal...thank you!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast