Aruba Beach

Thread: Low price airfare????

Low price airfare????

Hello, does anyone know if there are any difference in airfares if you get them on different days of the week. Someone told me that is you go on orbitz at 3 am on a wednsday they are cheaper.... I'm not so sure I beleive that.....

Our favorite place on the island, is the great beach at the Boca Grandi. The water is the best, and its very quiet.

Yes, we fly Jet Blue, and fly on Mon. thru Wed. and get a better price than on week-ends.

It is true. Wednesday AM. Where are you flying from?
    Aruba where the toughest question each day is "where to dine tonight".

Arashi Beach, Hyatt, Radisson, Shopping, Flea Market, Downtown, Palm Beach, Everything
    i know continental is cheaper on a tuesday & wednesday. we usually go sunday mornings and its empty. last year we went away on a tuesday early in the morning & the line for security was packed. I asked someone and they said the fares are cheaper if you leave on a tuesday or wednesday. But with airlines, its a game. one minute i'll look and the fare is one thing, then an hour later, it drops to another fare and then two hours later its back up again. i start 3 months before i'm going to leave and check every day the fares at different times. i would check airfares on a wednesday morning early (go onto website and see the airfares they post early wednesdays). they seem to adjust their fares at that time and those fares usually keep for almost a day, lol....

yes gaby!!!! it seems that way!! LOL
    thanks

I believe the OP was referring to the best time to book the fare.

Traditionally fares have been less expensive mid-week.

Delta I know is now less expensive from ATL for Saturday travel than mid-week travel, in order to compete with Air Tran who also fly non-stop from ATL.

I just looked for June: mid-week $726 and Saturday $456. This just goes to prove what competition can do for airfares.
    Last edited by Arubalisa; 10-12-2010 at 08:02 AM.

NEVER, ever book airfare on the weekends or holidays. You will find the whole week before or after a holiday airfare will be higher.
    I, too found airfare to be cheaper midweek.