Aruba Beach
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Luggage Lock

Aruba since 1979
    [B]i HATE it when the cleaning folks leave the room door unlocked and sometimes propped open while cleaning the room next door. inexcusable and negligent.
    the housekeeping supervisors has given us every reason ever created as to why they prop the door open or leave it unlocked. it happens EVERYWHERE that i seem to travel. the worst imo was at the polynesian village at disney.
    inexcusable imo.
    Quote Originally Posted by purpleangel View Post
    Not necessarily. I've been to some resorts where the cleaning people leave the door open and work on several rooms at once.

Eagle Beach, exploring the "Outback", Madi's tour to the Natural Pool , dinner at Papiamento's
    Quote Originally Posted by sunnysmiles View Post
    I figure the only people in my room are going to be cleaning people and if they walk out with a suitcase, I'd hope someone would stop them or at least report it.
    We were very surprised and shocked while in Bermuda last Fall to wake up and find someone had broken into our room during the night and stolen cash, cell phone and credit cards -- the one time we didn't use the room safe!

As to suitcase locks, we've never used them, but put a zip on each bag so we know if someone opened them. ALL items of ANY value are in our carry-ons.

Quote Originally Posted by winder View Post
    We were very surprised and shocked while in Bermuda last Fall to wake up and find someone had broken into our room during the night and stolen cash, cell phone and credit cards -- the one time we didn't use the room safe!

As to suitcase locks, we've never used them, but put a zip on each bag so we know if someone opened them. ALL items of ANY value are in our carry-ons.

Good tip with the zip tie and with ALL valuables in your carry on.

This is ANOTHER thing I learned on this great forum. I had no idea you could put locks on your luggage now. Now when I go to Target, I will get our towel clips AND our TSA locks. You guys are GREAT!!
    Pat

Eagle Beach, exploring the "Outback", Madi's tour to the Natural Pool , dinner at Papiamento's
    Meant to say "zip tie" -- we take extras for the return trip

And they don't take the zip tie off? That is amazing.

Meant to say "zip tie" -- we take extras for the return trip

Quote Originally Posted by Love Aruba View Post
    So far, we've never had one cut off!

Quote Originally Posted by Love Aruba View Post
    TSA cuts them off if your bag is chosen for additional inspection. I see it pretty frequently.

Quote Originally Posted by Chadd View Post
    TSA cuts them off if your bag is chosen for additional inspection. I see it pretty frequently.
    Nice to have a way to know if bags were opened for inspection!

Nice to have a way to know if bags were opened for inspection!

For this reason alone a zip tie might be better then the lock.Just to know if someone was in your stuff.Then again,if someone wants my clothes that bad........I do have another question.

Is the TSA required to let people know that they searched their bag?Obviously a zip tie would let you know someone was in your bag,but if a lock is used,how would you know if anyone was in your bag?
    Last edited by tangy003; 04-11-2010 at 10:17 AM.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast