Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Make Sure You Lock Your Luggage When Leaving Aruba

Aruba since 1979
    here is the link for the aruba airport
    it might be beneficial to let them know of the loss

http://www.airportaruba.com/home_inf...Q==&catid=NTI=

please let us know if you get a response

QUOTE=Linda VH;247073]We had two new t-shirts in one bag and three in another bag. One t-shirt was missing from each bag. I, unfortunately, did not lock the suitcases which was stupid on my part. Won't happen again! Obviously stolen at the airport![/QUOTE]

I would follow up with Andreas advice and let them know at the airport. That is sad and petty. I find it hard to believe locals who work at the airport would take tee's. They should know and be aware in order to make an effort to try and protect other peoples items.

DH will send the e-mail and I'll let you know what response he gets.

Last October when I arrived and unpacked I noticed my TSA approved lock inside my luggage and it had been cut off !!! And no note was left !!!

sad.....with all the traveling I do for my job I have had several notes from TSA saying they have searched my luggage but have never had anything come up missing....now I feel obligated to buy some TSA locks so when I travel to paradise I won't come home with anything missing
    ARUBA....HOME AWAY FROM HOME

Quote Originally Posted by Linda VH View Post
    We had two new t-shirts in one bag and three in another bag. One t-shirt was missing from each bag. I, unfortunately, did not lock the suitcases which was stupid on my part. Won't happen again! Obviously stolen at the airport!
    There are theft problems at virtually every major airport in the US as well. It's not entirely unlikely that they would have been stolen in America.

I always use TSA locks, but it isn't all that hard to amass a collection of keys that open the various locks. As my grandfather used to say, "they keep honest people honest but won't stop a real criminal".

Quote Originally Posted by Chadd View Post
    As my grandfather used to say, "they keep honest people honest but won't stop a real criminal".
    How true!
    Jacki ~ loving Aruba from NJ

I always use TSA approved locks but have decided to stop using them, as three times now, when I get the note inside saying that they opened my suitcase, the TSA lock is cut off. Last time I sent an email to the address given on the note to ask why they cut the lock when it was TSA approved but of course I didn't get an answer.
    The good news is that I have never had anything missing.
    Stella

Quote Originally Posted by BillStellaR View Post
    Last time I sent an email to the address given on the note to ask why they cut the lock when it was TSA approved but of course I didn't get an answer.
    Stella
    Speaking as someone who had the unfortunate experience in dealing with the US federal government recently, I am not surprised. I have never met a class of employees who were so arrogant, self serving, unfeeling and uncaring. I suppose that is what job security does for you.

Imo, you would have a better chance at a reply if you claimed that your constitutional rights were infringed upon because of "X". From the gist of http://www.tsa.gov/traveler-informat...ling-complaint, it sounds like there are a few issues which they will confront head on instead of ignoring you. Good luck and go get 'em!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12