Aruba Beach
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: March 22, 2013 Departure

Quote Originally Posted by Chadd View Post
    For some reason they have someone checking tickets/passports to get into the bag claim room before customs. That slows things down pretty significantly at times. I tried to talk to one of the customs agents on my second trip through (flight was canceled the first day) and he was pretty gruff and not really forthcoming with any information about what is going to happen with cutbacks.
    Chad, the individual at the entry to bag claim room was controlling the quantity of passengers in the bag room at any given time. This was being done to maintain a single line through the bag room. Otherwise, the bag room would have been full of folks trying to locate bags and then that disorganized blob trying to make it through the door into the customs zig-zag lines. Although it appeared to be unreasonable, there was a method to what was being done.
    Joe & Mimi

LIFE IS GOOD

Well, I was through there earlier in the morning on the 22nd and the line was back to the duty free shop. When we got through, we picked up our bags and were in the second lane in the customs room. He was the bottleneck when I was there.

Is there any chance these extensive delays are spring break related? I know customs is cutting back, just wishfully thinking that when we come home in May it won't be so bad.
    Not sure when, but we will be back

renaissance private island, iguana joe's, madame janettes..
    we left on friday the 22nd..got to airport 3 hrs early..we stood in line from the moment we got in till we got to the gate..there was a
    us air flight cancelled from thursday that put more people in airport and also we heard from us customs agent that there was a flight
    from suriname that they had to send more customs personal over to check thoroughly for drugs..then to make matters worse one of the
    x-ray scanners in the us customs part broke so that there was only one scanner instead of the usual two..what a nightmare..this is why
    we always get there at least 3 hrs early..
    scott and tricia

Quote Originally Posted by sagman17 View Post
    then to make matters worse one of the x-ray scanners in the us customs part broke so that there was only one scanner instead of the usual two..what a nightmare..this is why we always get there at least 3 hrs early..
    Only one scanner would SURELY cause long lines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12