Aruba Beach
Like Tree4Likes
  • 3 Post By Tom and Stanley
  • 1 Post By Jacki

Thread: Metal detectors at airport

Eagle Beach, Baby Beach, Arashi Beach Tierra Del Sol golf course

Metal detectors at airport

My grandson sustained an injury to his hand playing football last year. It was a spiral fracture of his finger. They had to install a steel plate and screws to stabilize it. Does anyone know if this will cause a problem for us at security lines? Should we take a letter from his doctor? Any input will be a help.

Aruba since 1979
    No letter required but will be helpful.
    He will set off metal alarm and then will be wanded. His finger will be singled out and he will be all set. He just offers them " the finger ".

lady ahead if us at Orlando on Friday had hip or knee replacement and they wanded the area and wave her thru. She presented no paperwork.
    Quote Originally Posted by arubabob View Post
    My grandson sustained an injury to his hand playing football last year. It was a spiral fracture of his finger. They had to install a steel plate and screws to stabilize it. Does anyone know if this will cause a problem for us at security lines? Should we take a letter from his doctor? Any input will be a help.

playa linda, aruba beach club, wacky wahoos, driftwood,french steakhouse, any happy hour
    iron, steel, nickel and cobalt will activate the detector. I have a titanium plate screwed into 4 cervical vertebrae and never had a problem.

My knee replacement always set it off. Doctors note will not really do anything. He will be taken aside, patted down and wanded. No big deal, just takes a few extra minutes. . . Funny thing is, they Stanley go right through when his collar sets off the alarm. He was only patted down once during all our travels back and forth. I think he knows somebody at TSA. . . . .

Tom and Stanley (the Aruba Guys)

Senior Member Liz - Aruba Lover's Avatar
    I have a plate in my ankle. Never had a problem going through security.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom and Stanley View Post
    My knee replacement always set it off. Doctors note will not really do anything. He will be taken aside, patted down and wanded. No big deal, just takes a few extra minutes. . .
    Same thing used to happen with the steel plate in my Mom's leg. She finally stopped carrying the letter. Meant zip. Then of course if they asked her to strip and saw the scar...

I have a piece of metal holding two pieces of toe bone together and have yet to set off the detector.

Eagle Beach, Baby Beach, Arashi Beach Tierra Del Sol golf course
    Thank you all.

My father's hip replacement sets off the detectors every time. Same as everyone else said, it's not big deal, just pulled to the side and wanded.
    Jacki ~ loving Aruba from NJ

I have a knee replacement always set off they alarm if you are going to tube the one you getting inside and turn around you ,you all set they can see it .They not putting kids on it My grandson have metal on is back and all set.