Aruba Beach
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree15Likes

Thread: Most miserable airport in the USA

Arashi Beach, Hyatt, Radisson, Shopping, Flea Market, Downtown, Palm Beach, Everything
    I agree Jacki, I'd rather they are diligent then play Russian Roulette with our lives. Unfortunately that is the state of things today. They could hire more people for the high flying days which they know what they are. But it is what it is.

I heard on the radio yesterday that Newark is hiring additional K-9s as they are much more accurate, dependable and less time consuming!
    Jacki ~ loving Aruba from NJ

Quote Originally Posted by Jacki View Post
    I heard on the radio yesterday that Newark is hiring additional K-9s as they are much more accurate, dependable and less time consuming!
    And more pleasant and personable

Aruba since 1979
    hahaha yes
    dogs are my favorite people
    Quote Originally Posted by WaltVB View Post
    And more pleasant and personable

Most miserable airport....

Depends on criteria. We are an almost equal distance between Cleveland and Pittsburgh. My husband avoids Pittsburgh at all costs, for various reasons. He doesn't like the layout of the airport and during a previous trip, the security line sucked. The main line looked really long so they sent us through a door to security B, and that line was even longer! We don't care for the monorail, kind of like at MCO, but for some reason we don't mind MCO.

The biggest reason PIT is the worst for us is the Franco Harris statue at the top of the escalators. It's a statue of his "imaculate reception". We have to walk by it every time we fly out of PIT. We are Browns fans. Pittsburgh is a bad word in our house. LOL
    Most miserable airport in the USA-franco.jpg
    Last edited by AUA1989; 06-01-2016 at 12:48 PM.

I don't use it often but have never had what I could consider a "miserable" experience at Newark Liberty, ever. Went to Aruba last week and was fortunate enough to get Pre Check status and it was a breeze on Saturday morning. Came home a week later had had no issues whatsoever either in Aruba or Newark. My only gripe is that I wish they had more basic places by the terminals to get coffee instead of all of this high-end crap for $2.50 a cup.

I also wish they let the airport hotel shuttles pick up and drop off at the terminals instead of that AirTrain station, but that's a minor inconvenience since 9/11.

Rhys

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12