Aruba Beach

Thread: never again with AA

never again with AA

just returned from aruba. when we first booked boston to aruba it was a direct non stop. Thank goodness for this forum.
    AA change our flight with a stop in miami. if it wasn't for this forum i would have never know to check. AA never emailed or called with changes. going down was not too bad. coming home was error after error. when we were leaving aruba they did not have return tickets for us (even though they made the change)
    finally after standing in line for quite awhile we were able to get tickets to return home. the flight was to leave aruba at 2:10. good thing we were 2.5 hours early. then we get to miami there is going to be a 3 hour delay. the gate number changed 3 times before boarding. boarding in Miami was also a problem they did not have electronic tickets for us.
    We got into boston at 11:00. road construction in Boston delayed us another 2 hours getting home. bad way to end a great vacation. Never again AA. Jet blue is the way to go.

Quote Originally Posted by dhaley View Post
    Never again AA. Jet blue is the way to go.
    If Jet Blue only had Boston non-stops on Fridays, and sold as far out front (330 days) as other airlines...
    Please contact via e-mail at arubarennowner@gmail.com

Quote Originally Posted by rob o View Post
    and sold as far out front (330 days) as other airlines...
    Yes, that seems to be the biggest disadvantage and you have to like to "gamble" that the fare is going to a "true" bargain to make it worth the wait.

Also does not help timeshare owners who are tied in to flying on specific days of the week. I think one of the biggest reasons why we have never purchased a timeshare is due to the fact that we did not want to be held hostage by the airlines. In today's day and age that threat is more scary.

Sad to hear things didn't work out with AA. In more than 15 years to Aruba and elsewhere they've almost never let me down. Well, it happens....
    Aruba's Novelist in Residence (sometimes)
    http://www.bentpage.wordpress.com/

Under a hut, walking Eagle Beach, lunch on the beach, Amstel Bright Beer on the beach, coffee in the morning on the beach, taking a dip in the sea,
    " Well, it happens...."
    --- It happens to all the airlines. Once spent the night in P.R. coming back that way on American.
    This past Saturday our United flight to Dulles was a half hour late.
    The United flight to Chicago was still at the gate waiting to be fixed. There was talk about flying in a part from P.R. or flying in a another plane from there.

This is happening a LOT right now. With the cut-backs, bad weather PLUS all the other problems that existed already with the airlines. I've been stuck 4 out of 5 times in the past 2 months flying various different trips. 3 times had to spend the night due to problems and complete flight the next day.
    Yachting Summer 2011 .... Mainship Sedan Bridge "Knot Geezers"
    Surf Club Aruba
    Delray Beach
    Fort Lauderdale
    Ocean & Surf Clubs Aruba

Let's face facts. The airlines are full of excuses and lacking in delivery and performance. Have no sympathy for them.
    Please contact via e-mail at arubarennowner@gmail.com

I agree, they have you by the throat and if you want ot go to Aruba you have little choice. I fly quite a bit due to my job and run into problems occasionally. You would actually be surprised how little, that is until this fuel thing took hold. I have had airlnes put me on other airlines just to get me to my final destination and then do it again to get me home. I understand cuts some flight, I've been on them when they have flown less then 1/2 full, but a little consideration like a phone call or email message to warn you of a change in flight status is not too much to ask. I agree Rob O...no sympathy for them...none from them for us, sadly....
    ARUBA....HOME AWAY FROM HOME