Aruba Beach

Thread: New flight for Toronto

New flight for Toronto

In todays Aruba Daily, Insel Air staed they are planning to soon start a service from Aruba/Curacao using an MD-80. The anouncement sounds like they will connect Aruba and passengers from Curacao in Miami and fly to Toronto from there. Check the article:

http://aruba-daily.com/newspaper/?p=7889

John - thanks for sharing this - this could be great news and precisely what WestJet finally needs to get their act together and provide regular scheduled service between Toronto and Aruba . . . WestJet must realize the number of Toronto area people heading to Buffalo to fly to the island (including yours truly).
    Michael

Hi Michael

I did have a meeting with Jim Hepple of AHATA one a recent visit to Aruba. Within his capacity as Chairman of AHATA, ( I believe), Jim knows the Air Canada and other airline reps. I am thinking that it would be great if we could organise an intelligent petition via this and other forums of the number of people here in Canada who are entirely frustrated with the tepid approach to service to Aruba from Canada. Maybe if this was done and presented to Minister Oduber ( Min of Tourism), it may be possible to start a dialogue to see better service between Toronto and Aruba that is better priced and more often.

Your thoughts Michael and others. Let us see if we can get something going.

John

Smile

You know we would duly support any process that makes it easier to get to Aruba from Canada. We have always said we would even "red eye" it too Toronto to get direct to Aruba to avoid the USA but the price makes it prohibitive. Ah one day..........

Splendid idea! Andrea or Lisa, is there a way to do this via this forum . . . i.e. other than start a new thread under "Off Topic", have a way for those of us Canadians who can want to consolidate our voice for better access . . . my sense is there must be enough of us looking for more convenient access . . . and many of those who avoid the island because it is not there today . . . Michael

Aruba since 1979
    you could contact minister oduber

o.oduber@aruba.com

Quote Originally Posted by mmattalo View Post
    Splendid idea! Andrea or Lisa, is there a way to do this via this forum . . . i.e. other than start a new thread under "Off Topic", have a way for those of us Canadians who can want to consolidate our voice for better access . . . my sense is there must be enough of us looking for more convenient access . . . and many of those who avoid the island because it is not there today . . . Michael