Aruba Beach
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: To the New Jersey People out there!

Quote Originally Posted by Arubalisa View Post
    They are for the premium members of the frequent flier program. Those who don't qualify for an upgrade, but still qualify for a special "perq".

No need to be the first off the plane, you'll still have to wait for the luggage. The luggage comes off the plane slower in Aruba than a lot of other destinations so we never mind sitting further back in the plane.

If you are worried about seating, then go ahead and book the seats when they become available. Like Chadd, a member here, told me when I was looking for Christmas airfare, decide what price you are comfortable with and if you see it grab it. I think if you go with that process, in your own mind, you will at least think you will have gotten a fair deal.
    I don't need to be first off the plane. That is not a big deal. I was just never comfortable in the back of the plane. Much more noise from the engines for me. I'm just being picky!
    Decided to take down my timer!

I booked with Jetblue for end of jan, was 500.00 but direct flight and plenty of leg room....so worth it too me...

url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]

[/url]

Quote Originally Posted by Sgroi135 View Post
    Much more noise from the engines for me. I'm just being picky!
    Noise cancelling headphones + iPod with favorite of your choice...

We have found it much easier for us to use Continental out of EWR.Its closer than the NY airports and it cost less to get there.Continental doesn't charge for luggage yet.

Quote Originally Posted by DANNYO View Post
    Continental doesn't charge for luggage yet.
    Continental does charge for checked luggage now. They started last year - only $15 for the first bag, but still a fee

ETA - just checked their website and it looks like that fee will increase to $20 for the first bag on tickets purchased after 7/21/09 for travel after 8/19/09 - unless you are one pass elite member or military or other exemptions apply

ETA #2 - If you read further down the page it says the first bag policy does not apply to international travel, however when traveling from EWR to Dublin in May of this year we were charged the first bag fee. 2nd bag fee does apply to the Carribean
    Last edited by Jacki; 08-03-2009 at 04:18 PM.
    Jacki ~ loving Aruba from NJ

Quote Originally Posted by Jacki View Post
    Continental does charge for checked luggage now. They started last year - only $15 for the first bag, but still a fee

ETA - just checked their website and it looks like that fee will increase to $20 for the first bag on tickets purchased after 7/21/09 for travel after 8/19/09 - unless you are one pass elite member or military or other exemptions apply

ETA #2 - If you read further down the page it says the first bag policy does not apply to international travel, however when traveling from EWR to Dublin in May of this year we were charged the first bag fee. 2nd bag fee does apply to the Carribean
    Is it possible that they had been charging for the first International checked bag and later changed their policy back?

I could have sworn that Delta was going to begin charging for luggage on international flights, but when I checked, it says there are still two bags "free" per person.

Damn, sucks they they charge. So another $60 bucks for luggage???

Does the policy apply to international travel?

The second bag policy applies to flights within the 50 U.S., Puerto Rico, the U.S. Virgin Islands and Canada and for flights between the 50 U.S., Puerto Rico, the U.S. Virgin Islands and Canada and Mexico, Caribbean, Central and South America (excluding Brazil).
    An itinerary such as Austin to Houston and connecting to London, or Beijing to New York/Newark and connecting to Mexico City will not be subject to the new fee.

They are considering the Carribean NOT INTERNATIONAL

The way I read it, each person on Continental still gets one bag free when traveling in the Caribbean.

http://www.continental.com/web/en-US/content/travel/baggage/checkbag.aspx

Quote Originally Posted by Arubalisa View Post
    The way I read it, each person on Continental still gets one bag free when traveling in the Caribbean.

http://www.continental.com/web/en-US/content/travel/baggage/checkbag.aspx

Hmmmmmm I see, but why would a second bag apply, so you get one bag free, but the second will cost you $30.

I might just stick with Jet Blue. I just called my car service and it is only $10 more for me to goto JFK vs Newark.

So for $10 bucks I dont have to worry about any fees, better seats, free DirecTV/movies, and free snacks.

I was told 1 check in bag per person, no charge, if another bag, than you have to pay for it, of course a carry on bag is n/c also. I think between that, i've got it covered, besides you don't really need to haul alot with you, bathing suit, cover up, shorts , tee shirts, sandals, some undergarments and your done

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast