Aruba Beach
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New measures at the airport

Question New measures at the airport

A special note of concern I recon must be the newly introduced security measures by the local Immigration Department at the airport - the airport has no blame in this. They take way too long per passenger, consequently long lines form. We need a different system, a much faster and efficient system. Security is important, as is costumer relations. The measures are a few weeks old, hopefully during evaluation they sort things out.

DOES ANYONE KNOW WHAT THE ABOVE MEANS? This was taken from the arubabeaches.net website.
    happiness is going to Aruba with your adult kids because they still want to come with their parents

Aruba since 1979
    well my take on it is not immigration but ARUBA CUSTOMS

remember when i mentioned in october that we were searched upon getting out luggage and leaving the airport............we were searched by aua customs.

well low and behold now they are doing it pretty religiously..........ESPECIALLY the late night flight coming in from miami.

paul and i were eyeballed up and down
    i was starting to get nervous as we had food in one of our bags (aka bananas, apples and lemons NOT ALLOWED TO BRING THE IN AND I BE BAD)

but he did not open that bag

he opened my purse.
    asked paul and i to open our wallets.
    he went thru our toiletry bags.

looked in an envelope that had my dental xrays and wanted to know what that was all about.
    i started to tell him about the cost of dentistry in maine and i think he then sent us thru as he was disgusted with my ramblings and pointing to my teeth..............he was rolling his eyes and i bored him to tears. loved it!

i bet there is a crack down on keeping drugs and illegal stuff out of aruba.

the line to get thru that customs area is annoyingly long.
    so close....................and yet so far away!

oh ya, a sniffing dog too.

andrea

Aruba since 1979
    btw, eagle beach boy and linda and tom and karen and i had a conversation yesterday at the bb party about the nuisance of the aruba customs situation.

we all agreed it is a nuisance, but again it must be a necessity and better safe than sorry.

andrea

Quote Originally Posted by Andrea J. View Post
    paul and i were eyeballed up and down
    i was starting to get nervous as we had food in one of our bags (aka bananas, apples and lemons NOT ALLOWED TO BRING THE IN AND I BE BAD)

Maybe you'll be lucky and they won't let you leave...
    Please contact via e-mail at arubarennowner@gmail.com

When we arrived in November Aruba customs started to search bags. One line was open for our arrival on 757. Not sure if other flights landed at same time. About 2 minutes into this action all the lines opened and everyone just walked thru.

The beach, Boca Prins & just about anywhere with my husband!
    We were there last week and had no problems whatsoever. The airport was very busy, middle of the day on a Saturday. The lousy part was leaving...long lines everywhere. I especially thought it was a bit redundant to go thru security screening after getting your luggage and putting it on the belt for transfer to the plane after already going thru it before. I don't remember doing that when I was there in August 07, neither does my husband. But we must have I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by mjn109 View Post
    We were there last week and had no problems whatsoever. The airport was very busy, middle of the day on a Saturday. The lousy part was leaving...long lines everywhere. I especially thought it was a bit redundant to go thru security screening after getting your luggage and putting it on the belt for transfer to the plane after already going thru it before. I don't remember doing that when I was there in August 07, neither does my husband. But we must have I guess.
    Someone will correct me if I am wrong , but this has been in place since after 9-11. I believe, one security screening is for Aruban security and the other, after retrieving your luggage the second time, is for US Customs.

Quote Originally Posted by Andrea J. View Post
    btw, eagle beach boy and linda and tom and karen and i had a conversation yesterday at the bb party about the nuisance of the aruba customs situation.

we all agreed it is a nuisance, but again it must be a necessity and better safe than sorry.

andrea
    Better than the days when the waiting room was upstairs and the rooftop was open....I watched men working on the roof walk in and out of the building......
    ARUBA....HOME AWAY FROM HOME

just got back, no problems. I would rather have the extra security than to know someone could walk thru with something that could end your life. Then you would not be able to plan another trip to Aruba...

Quote Originally Posted by Arubalisa View Post
    Someone will correct me if I am wrong , but this has been in place since after 9-11. I believe, one security screening is for Aruban security and the other, after retrieving your luggage the second time, is for US Customs.
    You are correct.
    ~Amy~ - 35th trip to Aruba: New Years Eve 2017/2018 -- Zihuatanejo, MX: March 2018 -- Ireland: June/July 2018 -- 36th trip to Aruba: Sept. 2018

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast