Aruba Beach
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New measures at the airport

The beach, Boca Prins & just about anywhere with my husband!
    you are so right s0mopo- I just didn't remember doing it last time.

I'm all for the added security, but someone mentioned dogs. My 8yr old had a very bad experience with a dog with a bite to the face by a german sherpard. He has panic attacks around them now.

Do the dogs actually go up to all the people? Can i arrange for a different screening for him somehow? This is very concerning to me, and i haven't even mentioned to my wife yet.

regards.
    Joe

Dog bite

Joe:

I am sorry to hear that your son had a bad experience with a dog bite. I too was bitten on the face by a dog when I was a child and spent over a week in hospital at the time. However, I have led a reasonably normal life since then and still love dogs (and children). In fact, I volunteer several times a week at the ARA dog shelter while in Aruba.

I would like to suggest that your reaction (and possibly your wife's reaction)as to the presence of a dog at the airport just may be the reason your son has panic attacks at the sight of a dog. A child can sense YOUR fear for him around dogs. There are many dogs on the Island and I can assure you that your son will see dogs while he is here. Are you going to be able to protect him forever?

Best wishes

Quote Originally Posted by BillStellaR View Post
    Joe:

I am sorry to hear that your son had a bad experience with a dog bite. I too was bitten on the face by a dog when I was a child and spent over a week in hospital at the time. However, I have led a reasonably normal life since then and still love dogs (and children). In fact, I volunteer several times a week at the ARA dog shelter while in Aruba.

I would like to suggest that your reaction (and possibly your wife's reaction)as to the presence of a dog at the airport just may be the reason your son has panic attacks at the sight of a dog. A child can sense YOUR fear for him around dogs. There are many dogs on the Island and I can assure you that your son will see dogs while he is here. Are you going to be able to protect him forever?

Best wishes
    Bill,a little rough don't you think?Just so you know, i will protect my kids at 32 & 35 years old.

Quote Originally Posted by BillStellaR View Post
    Joe:

Best wishes
    Bill.......he was talking about the screening process at the airport, not about dogs running loose on the island.
    Michelle & Mike

Quote Originally Posted by CAMBRAJ View Post
    I'm all for the added security, but someone mentioned dogs. My 8yr old had a very bad experience with a dog with a bite to the face by a german sherpard. He has panic attacks around them now.

Do the dogs actually go up to all the people? Can i arrange for a different screening for him somehow? This is very concerning to me, and i haven't even mentioned to my wife yet.

regards.
    Joe
    Joe, I would suggest possibly contacting the aiport via email to see what their "screening process" entails. I hope all goes smoothly when you get to Aruba and have a great vacation
    Michelle & Mike

Joe:
    The post was by Stella (not Bill) and you are quite right, it is none of my business how you bring up your kids.
    I apologize.
    Stella

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12