Aruba Beach
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: newark to aruba good price

Aruba since 1979
    jet blue has X number of seats set aside that are assigned at check in.
    you can be assured that your family will not be split up and scattered seating about the plane.

but, if Continental has a lower price, and better schedule, then it seems like an easy decision. good luck and let us know how it turns out.

JB, no penalties right?

Quote Originally Posted by SunIsland25 View Post
    Newark to Aruba on Continental is now $344 round-trip before taxes. I already booked on Jet Blue for just a little bit more, however they canceled the very early flight and bumped everyone to a later flight. I talked to a representative last night and it's showing that we don't have seats together (my husband, 4 year old son and 23 month old daughter), and we're not guaranteed seats together either. I'm thinking about getting a refund and booking with Continental since that flight gets in 2 hrs. earlier than the Jet Blue flight and they're showing open seats together. What do you think?
    Last edited by Andrea J.; 09-07-2011 at 10:47 AM.

Baby beach, lighthouse, the whole stretch of beach
    When I spoke with Jet Blue, they said we wouldn't have a penalty because they canceled our flight and if we found one on another carrier they would refund our full amount paid. I spoke with my husband earlier this morning and we decided just to stay on Jet Blue. We used some AmEx points, as well, and I don't want to have to go through the hassle of having to get those refunded. As long as we'll all be seated together on the plane, then I'm okay with it. It just stinks that now we won't be getting in till 5:00 and the flight we originally booked was getting us in at 12. I wonder why they would cancel such good flight time (6:49 am)???

Quote Originally Posted by hunterm View Post
    Did you book directly with Continental?
    Yes. Booked directly on Continental.com.

Aruba since 1979
    when is your aruba trip?

if in a slow period, then JB as well as other airlines, "consolidate."

we are always "in the dark" with airlines, their schedules and reasonings.

Quote Originally Posted by SunIsland25 View Post
    When I spoke with Jet Blue, they said we wouldn't have a penalty because they canceled our flight and if we found one on another carrier they would refund our full amount paid. I spoke with my husband earlier this morning and we decided just to stay on Jet Blue. We used some AmEx points, as well, and I don't want to have to go through the hassle of having to get those refunded. As long as we'll all be seated together on the plane, then I'm okay with it. It just stinks that now we won't be getting in till 5:00 and the flight we originally booked was getting us in at 12. I wonder why they would cancel such good flight time (6:49 am)???

Baby beach, lighthouse, the whole stretch of beach
    We are going December 8-15. I guess it's considered a slow period since it's after Thanksgiving and before Christmas.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12