Aruba Beach

Thread: Newbie with a travel question

Newbie with a travel question

Hi ALL! I have been a lurker on the forum for the better part of a year planning my trip to Aruba. Thanks to all who post reviews of restaurants/ car rentals/ etc and to those who post their trip reports! I am "planning" on doing the same to continue the spirit of help found here. Now on to my question~ I am traveling from Dallas through Atlanta on Delta both to/from Aruba Nov 26- Dec 3. With the weather in both Dallas and Atlanta being so unpredictible this time of year I'm hoping to get some suggestions from others who travel to Aruba in the winter months as to what to wear going/coming. I don't want to be freezing in the airport/plane there nor do I want to be burning up on the return trip. Thanks in advance for any advice !!

We generally dress in layers. I also throw some lightweight sandals in the outside pocket of my luggage. When we get to Aruba I throw my shoes and jacket in the pocket and grab my sandals. It feels a lot cooler in sandals

We are in the Washington Dc area and our weather can be all over the place too. I usually wear light weight pants and a hoodie with a zipper, not the pullover kind. That way I can zip up or leave open as needed. I always travel in tennis shoes, just a preference. We keep a bookbag as part of our carry-on allowance with room to put in my hoodie. I don't usually change to flip flops till we are at the hotel. My husband wears jeans to the airport usually but keeps a pair of shorts in the book bag. He changes in the Aruba airport bathroom while I wait for our checked luggage. On the way home, we usually where the same outfit that we wore on the flight down.
    Not sure when, but we will be back

Aruba since 1979
    welcome to the forum froggiemom

we are in fla so there is no difference in dressing.

but, 4 yrs ago we were new englanders and then we did the same as tracyd!

enjoy
    Quote Originally Posted by FroggieMom View Post
    Hi ALL! I have been a lurker on the forum for the better part of a year planning my trip to Aruba. Thanks to all who post reviews of restaurants/ car rentals/ etc and to those who post their trip reports! I am "planning" on doing the same to continue the spirit of help found here. Now on to my question~ I am traveling from Dallas through Atlanta on Delta both to/from Aruba Nov 26- Dec 3. With the weather in both Dallas and Atlanta being so unpredictible this time of year I'm hoping to get some suggestions from others who travel to Aruba in the winter months as to what to wear going/coming. I don't want to be freezing in the airport/plane there nor do I want to be burning up on the return trip. Thanks in advance for any advice !!

Hi!

Congrats on the switch from Luker to Poster!
    Jacki ~ loving Aruba from NJ

No real worries about weather here in Georgia at that time of year. Most of our days are still in the upper 50's at that time.

For Hartsfield, since presumably you won't be leaving the terminal, just dress for INSIDE of the airport.

My best advice is to dress in layers.

I recommend the Birthday suit... all week.