Aruba Beach
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Non stop JFK #679

Non stop JFK #679

I have been reading some posts that are no longer true as of today.
    I am booked on 679 10/24. This flight has been canceled. They only have non stop on Sat, Sun, Tue, & Thus as of today. We now have to fly from JFK to Boston to Aua.
    I also booked for an April trip on Sat wk 17 & 18 direct from LGA to Aua, flgt 1851 Continental . However they canceled the returned and rerouted us to Newark.
    I think we all just have to be somewhat understand. Will not be like the old days.

That's for sure!! I've noticed and increase in european flights into Aruba, while a cutback on US flights. I think Fri/Sat/Sun will become the norm from the US..... and watch connections prior to Aruba flight for changes and a lot of cancellations!
    Yachting Summer 2011 .... Mainship Sedan Bridge "Knot Geezers"
    Surf Club Aruba
    Delray Beach
    Fort Lauderdale
    Ocean & Surf Clubs Aruba

And its only going to get worse...I read today what American Airlines is planning to do in MAJOR cities. I guess you have to make plans EARLY and really do your homework (and if you can fly NON-STOP, DO IT).

Yeah, this isn't going to get much worse before it gets any better. But, you know, an old friend told me when he was a kid (which was quite a few years ago) he flew from Oranjestaad to Kingston, Jamaica, to Key West, FL, to Miami, FL, to somewhere North Carolina, and then to New York. It must have been in an old DC-3 or something. I only wish he would have taken pictures.

So, with a little planning, it can be worked out.
    Aruba's Novelist in Residence (sometimes)
    http://www.bentpage.wordpress.com/

Are you kidding, it is not about planning. I arranged this a year in advance. It is the airlines at the last min making the changes.

That's correct.... the airlines are dropping/cancelling flights!!
    Some cutback on flights to Aruba, BUT.... for anyone who connects prior to Aruba!! The regional flights are being cut.... so if you fly a connect BEFORE your flight to Aruba.... PLEASE watch your flight carefully!! There are not necessarily re-routing folks due to the cuts. In a lot of the caeses they are CANCELLING the complete flight. This forces you to look for and/or purchase a complete intinerary at different flight time or a completely different carrier!! The price you pay may be quite higher to rebook. It was in my case and the flights were in Sept 08 and May 09. Good Luck and WATCH THOSE FLIGHTS!!!
    Yachting Summer 2011 .... Mainship Sedan Bridge "Knot Geezers"
    Surf Club Aruba
    Delray Beach
    Fort Lauderdale
    Ocean & Surf Clubs Aruba

now the return trip 796 is canceled as well.

Quote Originally Posted by sunshine1 View Post
    now the return trip 796 is canceled as well.
    Words that appropriately describe AA cannot be posted!
    Please contact via e-mail at arubarennowner@gmail.com

Aruba since 1979
    rob o
    if you post the words i will let them stay for a day but a certain member of your household will report it as inappropriate and then i will have to delete omgosh or even ban you

boy, american is really pushing folks to the breaking point lately.
    as daniel says it probably will get worse before it gets better.

therefore, i vote for a bridge to be built from key west to o'staad.
    plenty of gas stations and plenty of hotels along the way.

let's show the airlines we don't need them!

ok, now back to reality.

andrea

Quote Originally Posted by rob o View Post
    Words that appropriately describe AA cannot be posted!

It is just not AA. We booked our flight for April with Continental and after we booked they changed. So now we fly out of LGA and return to Newark. Continental are making so many changes they are even changing the day you fly.
    It is tough for an airlines in today's world. Hard to make a buck with the cost of fuel. They are looking to survive---and yes I do not like what they are doing, but I do need them for Aruba. I feel sorry for the employees that have to deal with all the upset passengers.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast