Aruba Beach

Thread: Non-stops from ORD to AUA?

Since 1980, and throughout the many changes, we still love going downtown in Oranjestad.

Non-stops from ORD to AUA?

Good afternoon everyone,

The question in the title asks what we want to know. Chicago is a major hub for both United and American, yet I'm not having much success in finding non-stops from the Windy City to One Happy Island. Perhaps I'm not looking in the right spot. Or, may there aren't any.

We would be connecting from Winnipeg to Chicago on United. In order to get into Aruba at a decent hour we may wind up o/nighting in Miami and getting that first AA flight out of MIA. But if there's a morning non-stop on either airline to AUA then we'd o/night in Chicago.

We'd appreciate any suggestions.

Glenn

Quote Originally Posted by Glenn View Post
    Good afternoon everyone,

The question in the title asks what we want to know. Chicago is a major hub for both United and American, yet I'm not having much success in finding non-stops from the Windy City to One Happy Island. Perhaps I'm not looking in the right spot. Or, may there aren't any.

We would be connecting from Winnipeg to Chicago on United. In order to get into Aruba at a decent hour we may wind up o/nighting in Miami and getting that first AA flight out of MIA. But if there's a morning non-stop on either airline to AUA then we'd o/night in Chicago.

We'd appreciate any suggestions.

Glenn
    Hi Glenn - I'm pretty sure that you can still get a non-stop out of ORD on United - but it's only offered on Saturdays and Sundays last time I checked (and only available during high season.) Leaves ORD at 8:17am.
    Last edited by ~Amy~; 01-03-2012 at 05:05 PM.
    ~Amy~ - 35th trip to Aruba: New Years Eve 2017/2018 -- Zihuatanejo, MX: March 2018 -- Ireland: June/July 2018 -- 36th trip to Aruba: Sept. 2018

I agree with Amy. As far as I know United is the only airline that flies nonstop from Chicago to Aruba and only on weekends.

Glen, it is only on Saturdays. It starts up in Nov. and goes sometime in July. The first it started up this last nov. was around the 12th..

Quote Originally Posted by luvsun View Post
    Glen, it is only on Saturdays. It starts up in Nov. and goes sometime in July. The first it started up this last nov. was around the 12th..
    I just checked their flight schedules - the non-stops are available on Saturdays AND Sundays.
    ~Amy~ - 35th trip to Aruba: New Years Eve 2017/2018 -- Zihuatanejo, MX: March 2018 -- Ireland: June/July 2018 -- 36th trip to Aruba: Sept. 2018

Sorry, when I was looking this past year to get our dogs here it was only Saturdays. Thats good to know!

Since 1980, and throughout the many changes, we still love going downtown in Oranjestad.
    Hi Amy, Soccermom17 & luvsun,

Thanks for your help. From the looks of it, we'll likely stick with the Winnipeg-Chicago-Miami-Aruba routing.

The non-stop from ORD was never a big deal, but we just thought we'd ask. An 8:17am departure out of Chicago would mean we'd have to o/night there.

Thanks again, and a happy and wonderful New Year to the three of you!

Regards,

Glenn

Glen, probably already telling you something you already know but you might be able to connect to Delta or Airtran leaving out of Atlanta; Delta arrives daily at 302pm and Airtran at 330pm. Otherwise best bet is evening flight on American from Miami.