Like Tree5Likes
  • 1 Post By dipeblnd
  • 2 Post By princess
  • 1 Post By ~Amy~
  • 1 Post By ~Amy~

Thread: Non usa departures

Aruba since 1979

Non usa departures

i got a private message this morning from a member asking a question that i did not even have a "clue" about an answer.
    does the non usa departure terminal have the same kind of "security checkpoints" (other than USA customs) as the USA departure terminal?

the forum members, americans, are heading to aruba in a few weeks and have a 3 day side trip to Curacao planned.

Yes, there is a security check point where they are screening your carrry-on luggage and make sure you are not holding any metal objects, and you need to follow the same rules regarding liquids etc.. If you are checking in bags, there is no customs point for that until you reach your destination.

Aruba since 1979
    thank you PRINCESS and i will forward that info on to the woman that asked me earlier.
    today you are the QUEEN, a promotion.
    Quote Originally Posted by princess View Post
    Yes, there is a security check point where they are screening your carrry-on luggage and make sure you are not holding any metal objects, and you need to follow the same rules regarding liquids etc.. If you are checking in bags, there is no customs point for that until you reach your destination.

and make sur eyou arrive at least 2 hours ahead of your scheduled flight... lines are long trust me we just did this last ThursdaY!

Quote Originally Posted by Andrea J. View Post
    thank you PRINCESS and i will forward that info on to the woman that asked me earlier.
    today you are the QUEEN, a promotion.

Haha, thank you, I am honored

Quote Originally Posted by dipeblnd View Post
    and make sur eyou arrive at least 2 hours ahead of your scheduled flight... lines are long trust me we just did this last ThursdaY!
    I think it depends on the time of your non-USA departure. We arrived at the Aruba Airport at 6:30am for our 7:30am Curacao flight and there was no line for check-in and the security line was minimal. We had plenty of time to spare.
    ~Amy~ - 35th trip to Aruba: New Years Eve 2017/2018 -- Zihuatanejo, MX: March 2018 -- Ireland: June/July 2018 --
    36th trip to Aruba: Sept. 2018

I've flown to Curacao from Aruba before. As I recall, the security screening was identical. The difference was the collection of the departure tax. The USA terminal has the tax included in your ticket. DAE collected the tax at the ticket counter before going through security.

And speaking of tax, the departure tax can be a bit steep for day trips. Maybe $32 each way. However I believe if you depart Aruba within 24 hours of your arival, you can qualify for the transit tax.

Quote Originally Posted by chrisk View Post
    And speaking of tax, the departure tax can be a bit steep for day trips. Maybe $32 each way.
    The departure tax is much less now between Aruba, Curacao, and Bonaire. It was just lowered within the last year to promote more tourism between islands.

And yes, the security screening is identical except you only go through one security screening, not two.
    Last edited by ~Amy~; 09-09-2011 at 11:09 AM.
    ~Amy~ - 35th trip to Aruba: New Years Eve 2017/2018 -- Zihuatanejo, MX: March 2018 -- Ireland: June/July 2018 --
    36th trip to Aruba: Sept. 2018