Aruba Beach
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree10Likes

Thread: Nothing surprising here

We're also fans of Jet Blue. So far we've been very happy with the service. The attendants seem to be more relaxed than on other airlines. I also think they went a step above when we were flying to Baltimore for Tom's surgery. I had booked extra room seats and when I explained the situation and that we would need wheelchair assistance they waived the fee on the extra room seats.

they just showed a piece on CNN about theft not just by TSA workers and handlers on the ground but by securitu personal on the plane itself.

Miami (CNN)Inside a plane at Miami International Airport, baggage handlers are going on a shopping spree with passengers' bags.

What they don't know is that they are being recorded on a hidden camera. The Miami-Dade Police Department set up the camera as part of an ongoing police investigation into luggage thefts by the very airport workers who are supposed to get bags safely onto planes.

I'm also guilty of flying business class. I'm spoiled! Either extra leg room with JB or I pay for business class if the price is right. On my next trip in 4 weeks I'm flying business with Delta.I wanted to fly Jet Blue but found it expensive at $750 with the extra leg room. For a $100 more i bought a business class seat on Delta.

Aruba since 1979

off topic

This could be a topic in airlines or off topic.

• efim8

Senior MemberJoin DateMay 2011Locationpalm beach.downtownPosts163

they just showed a piece on CNN about theft not just by TSA workers and handlers on the ground but by securitu personal on the plane itself.

• Today, 10:43 PM
      yefim8

Senior MemberJoin DateMay 2011Locationpalm beach.downtownPosts163

Miami (CNN)Inside a plane at Miami International Airport, baggage handlers are going on a shopping spree with passengers' bags.

What they don't know is that they are being recorded on a hidden camera. The Miami-Dade Police Department set up the camera as part of an ongoing police investigation into luggage thefts by the very airport workers who are supposed to get bags safely onto planes.

Last edited by Andrea J.; 04-14-2015 at 12:07 AM.

Eagle Beach, Baby Beach, Arashi Beach Tierra Del Sol golf course
    Quote Originally Posted by Arubalisa View Post
    The airlines value their first/business class passengers more than coach because the fares earn a higher profit than a coach fare and thus benefits their shareholders. Cruise lines are doing the same and offering more amenities for suite class passengers which is fine because you will be paying extra $$$ for it.

No frills coach works for us, we just bring our own snack and beverage. Yeah, call us cheapskates but our food from home is better than the packaged mass market garbage offered. We will gladly let the folks in the front of the plane supplement the cost of our fare.
    It is true that the back of the plane gets there the same time as the front. That being said, flying anywhere in business/first is more comfortable. We have been fortunate enough to go to Aruba and Maui in business/first several times and will this year. We have mostly used frequent flyer miles accrued through our airline credit cards for this. The airlines do treat us better in front than they do in back.

Quote Originally Posted by arubabob View Post
    The airlines do treat us better in front than they do in back.
    The fact that this is true makes me sad. Do the flight attendants expect tips in Business/First? Or is it common to tip?
    Jacki ~ loving Aruba from NJ

Quote Originally Posted by arubabob View Post
    The airlines do treat us better in front than they do in back.
    As they should. Whether cash or miles, you ARE paying a premium.

Quote Originally Posted by Jacki View Post
    The fact that this is true makes me sad. Do the flight attendants expect tips in Business/First? Or is it common to tip?
    I have never heard of it so googled ... Should you tip a flight attendant?

Not in my experience - I've been traveling while on business in business class (and occasionally during pleasure travel) for over twenty-five years and have never been approached about a tip from a flight attendant.

I think that would be a p.r. nightmare for airlines and would also characterize the flight attendants as some variation on wait staff. I don't think that would fly with them <-- see what I did there?!? LOL

I think cruising is a bit different just because you spend a lengthy period of time with cabin stewards and butlers (it's why we prefer all-inclusive lines that don't encourage tipping - you constantly have your hand in your pocket otherwise).

I have flown in first/business class for the past few decades. Flight attendants are not allowed to take tips and will refuse if you ask or try to give them one. That being said, some will accept a gratuity after a persistent effort by the flyer. I know, I'm that flyer. If you really want good service monetary tips aren't officially allowed, however a Starbucks gift card in first/business or a sampler of See's candy in coach for the flight attendants to share will result in getting that little bit extra. Believe me, it really works in coach. Those overworked, underpaid and much under-appreciated flight attendants are so thrilled that someone would take the time to show a little thanks for what they do goes miles. I have had a FA walk back to me in coach and offer a meal choice that would certainly be sold out before they got to me otherwise, bring me an extra drink or two when the carts are put away, and I've walked off the plane more than a few times with bottles of booze in my carry on. So, do they expect tips... no. Is it common to tip... depends on the individual, but I'm telling you guys try it sometime, you may be very surprised by the outcome.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast