Aruba Beach
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree10Likes

Thread: Nothing surprising here

We found that on Jet Blue the flight attendants refuse tips. No matter how persistent, they politely refused.

Last trip home from Aruba the flight attendant saw I had twirlers- she was so excited that we shared with her and she gave us our drinks(2-3 beers) for free!

Aruba since 1979
    batons?

Steve Martin tried to give a flight attendant a tip in the movie "My Blue Heaven" and she refused so he snuck it in her pocket when she was bending over and said, I tip everybody. LOL..

Darn auto correct- we had twizzlers not twirlers- lol

Aruba since 1979
    hahahahahahahahahaha
    twizzlers LOVE them.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jayshea View Post
    Darn auto correct- we had twizzlers not twirlers- lol

Eagle Beach, Baby Beach, Arashi Beach Tierra Del Sol golf course
    Quote Originally Posted by Jacki View Post
    The fact that this is true makes me sad. Do the flight attendants expect tips in Business/First? Or is it common to tip?
    We have never tipped. I don't think it is allowed. Here are some things to note on the difference between sitting in front and in back. It does cost more for B/F, usually at least double the standard coach fares.(Note, when using FF miles it is usually double or more.) There are usually 2 flight attendants in B/F for 6 to 16 passengers depending on plane type. This allows for much more personalized service than having 4 attendants in back for over 100 passengers. Seats and leg room allow much more comfort. The plane we came back from Maui on had little compartments with fully reclining seats. Most flights include meals if more than 60 minutes. Drinks, cookies and warmed nuts are served as well. Hot, damp wash cloths are provided before and after meals in most cases. Attendants call you by name and note your preferences. I'm sure I am forgetting some details but it is a good experience. Would I pay for it if I did not have FF miles? Probably not on a flight less than 4 hours.

Eagle Beach, Baby Beach, Arashi Beach Tierra Del Sol golf course
    Quote Originally Posted by Jayshea View Post
    Last trip home from Aruba the flight attendant saw I had twirlers- she was so excited that we shared with her and she gave us our drinks(2-3 beers) for free!
    Quite a few years ago, before TSA, on a trip back from Las Vegas, we stopped on the way to the airport and bought 3 dozen Krispy Kreme donuts because we did not have a store here at the time. We ended up giving the attendants a box to share and they were very happy.

I also used to use the "Above and Beyond" cards US Air sent in the mail for good service by ticket counter agents, flight attendants etc. I would fill out one of those and hand it to the person and ask for them to submit it. I was always taken care of well. Do I tip, gift or praise the folks to try to get something extra? No. I do it because they have a crappy underpaid job, a lot of people actually scream at them and except on very rare occasion, they aren't the reason the plane is late, delayed, diverted, bumpy or any of the other reasons folks gripe about. Just be nice to them, and you aren't going to be met by the Feds if you give someone a compliment or some kind of thanks for a job well done.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123