Aruba Beach
Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By gaby

Thread: passengers on flights have no shame yuk

Aruba since 1979

passengers on flights have no shame yuk

http://www.wcvb.com/money/travel/mis...content=sh2014

i had to laugh when i watched this, but as it went on I thought of 2 recent aruba flights where some bare feet were jammed in-between the seats and resting near my elbow or my husband's elbow.

on another flight from aruba, we were on board, but delayed at the gate due to reasons unknown.
    it got hot and a gentleman to our left, removed his shirt and but not his straw hat. yuk.
    the flight attendant asked him to put his shirt on and his reply was "no"
    so there he sat, shirtless until we took off and the air conditioning kicked back in.

i remember my first flight as a little girl.
    i went with my aunt to canada. i may have been 6 or 7 and i remember my mom curled my hair and i was all dressed up in my Easter outfit.
    flash forward 50 years................i am glad we no longer have to dress up, but it is important we are "dressed" and clean.

Ewwww
    Jacki ~ loving Aruba from NJ

Some people are just disgusting. I remember flying to Scotland in the late 70s and early 80s. I always dressed nice, slacks and a jacket. I was upgraded to first class a lot and alot of the people I traveled with always wondered why I got the upgrades. I'm sure it was the way I dressed. I like the more casual approach now, but miss the days when traveling was something everyone dressed up for.

Arashi Beach, Hyatt, Radisson, Shopping, Flea Market, Downtown, Palm Beach, Everything
    but of course back in the day if you flew first class, it WAS first class. you were treated with dignity & respect. now the airlines treat you like cattle, give you absolutely nothing, even in first class. not that i condone what these people were doing, it was definitely gross but hey, if the airlines are going to treat people like nothing, you're going to get nothing. airlines today pretty much treat you like they are doing you a favor letting you get on the airplane. instead of appreciating people they know they have you by the --well, you know what so they could care less.

yuk yuk yuk.....I too have seen my share of nasty. Do not understand why people are like that on a plane but I guess that's the way they are at home.....
    ARUBA....HOME AWAY FROM HOME

As long as we have the likes of Spirit(Spit) and Airtran/Airtrash airlines there will be passengers to match.

Quote Originally Posted by gaby View Post
    but of course back in the day if you flew first class, it WAS first class. you were treated with dignity & respect. now the airlines treat you like cattle, give you absolutely nothing, even in first class. not that i condone what these people were doing, it was definitely gross but hey, if the airlines are going to treat people like nothing, you're going to get nothing. airlines today pretty much treat you like they are doing you a favor letting you get on the airplane. instead of appreciating people they know they have you by the --well, you know what so they could care less.

I don't know, we flew down the end of August first class round trip on US Air/American and were treated great. Plenty of drink, great food (really), and very attentive service. First class is the only way to travel and is worth the extra cost to us (although we use frequent flyer miles and a bit of cash to fly first class every time we fly to Aruba). Sorry, kinda getting off topic...

Arashi Beach, Hyatt, Radisson, Shopping, Flea Market, Downtown, Palm Beach, Everything
    well unfortunately united is not like that. yes, its better than coach but it sure isn't the first class of years past, not by a long shot. i, too, always fly first class to aruba using miles but i sure wouldn't pay for it.