Aruba Beach
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By gaby

Thread: passport scanners

Arashi Beach, Hyatt, Radisson, Shopping, Flea Market, Downtown, Palm Beach, Everything

passport scanners

We are at the airport using Milo. So last week they started this new thing. After going through ARUBA security & baggage on your way to US customs. Now you must scan passport, they take your photo, issue a receipt for each passenger and then you go to the customs agent. Then US security. They have added one more step. Oh and for Milo users, they don't prorate if its the end of month anymore. Youwould have to pay for whole month. We were three days to end of month and said no way. I waited three days and then did just tthe bone month. New policy but a great device, love it. Okay Tim to finish my balashi.

So I am confused. What is the extra step?

I'm thinking Gaby means the passport scanning is the extra step because you still have to see the Customs official. We used the passport scanner when we left on the 4th and while you still had to see the Customs official it was much quicker.

Thanks Peg for clearing that up.

Arashi Beach, Hyatt, Radisson, Shopping, Flea Market, Downtown, Palm Beach, Everything
    sorry, i'm home now. typing on my tablet is not easy. peg is right, instead of going straight to the agent, you have to use the machine, get your photo taken and then get issued a receipt. then you go to the agent. i also noticed i kept spelling Mio as Milo, lol. sorry