Aruba Beach
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: passport scanners/boarding pass

Aruba since 1979

passport scanners/boarding pass

I cannot find the thread where someone has asked about the kiosk things that scanned passports and distributed boarding passes.
    YES
    We used them on Friday leaving Aruba.
    Then allwe had to do was drop off our bags at the bag drop counter.

and the global entry machines will be operating probably by the first of the new year.
    there has been training sessions held re: these machines for airport personnel.

see this link re: the global entry program http://www.cbp.gov/global-entry/about

Just shot through non-USA security and customs. No automation.

Arashi Beach, Hyatt, Radisson, Shopping, Flea Market, Downtown, Palm Beach, Everything
    Andrea, the kiosk that scanned your passport and printed your boarding pass, is that for any airline or just for the airline you were traveling on? we fly united so I was wondering if when we leave aruba and just need boarding passes, can we use that, too? And if so, is it when you walk into the terminal where the counters are? thanks for any info

Aruba since 1979
    we used the scanners at the SWA section.
    there are other scanners for other airlines, but i do not know which.
    does the airport website show them?

Arashi Beach, Hyatt, Radisson, Shopping, Flea Market, Downtown, Palm Beach, Everything
    I went to their webpage but it doesn't say anything. I don't know if United has them at the check in counter. Anybody fly United recently and see them? Well I guess we'll find out on Dec 14th when we come home but if anybody does notice if United has one, please post so we know.

Thanks everyone, 4 more days.

well, I called united and asked them. of course i needed to make two calls. the first call was "of course, we have them at every airport". the 2nd call, the woman actually checked and said no, they do not have a kiosk at the airport in Aruba. what's funny is my husband checked united and they only have one flight a day during the week and two a day on weekends for the entire country going to aruba. that's probably why they didn't bother. and the two flights a day for the weekend starts in september so they probably figure what's the point. at least there is a first class/elite line so hopefully it won't be too bad, lol.

I know that Delta offers the scanners at the Aruba Airport for boarding passes/passports. We've been using them for years now. Not sure of other airlines since we only fly Delta.
    ~Amy~ - 35th trip to Aruba: New Years Eve 2017/2018 -- Zihuatanejo, MX: March 2018 -- Ireland: June/July 2018 --
    36th trip to Aruba: Sept. 2018

Quote Originally Posted by gaby View Post
    well, I called united and asked them. of course i needed to make two calls. the first call was "of course, we have them at every airport". the 2nd call, the woman actually checked and said no, they do not have a kiosk at the airport in Aruba. what's funny is my husband checked united and they only have one flight a day during the week and two a day on weekends for the entire country going to aruba. that's probably why they didn't bother. and the two flights a day for the weekend starts in september so they probably figure what's the point. at least there is a first class/elite line so hopefully it won't be too bad, lol.
    On Saturday Nov 15th, the United area was crazy packed with long lines around noon. I am surprised they only have 2 flights, it semed like a lot more people than that. I didn't notice if the first class line was better but most likely it was. We were nearby at the Southwest counter and breezed through.
    Not sure when, but we will be back

thanks Tracey. We leave on a sunday and our flight is at 6 o'clock. so we won't get to the airport until 3. I'm hoping I can get the boarding pass printed from lisa if she is around doing a wedding the night before. I'm meeting her for lunch one day so I'll ask her. one my hubby retires, we can leave on a weekday, lol.

Aruba since 1979
    gaby since you are flying 1st class and have only carry on....i think the whole check in process is a non issue for you.
    the 1st/business line will be either empty or only a couple of people.
    also too, u will need to get your US Customs form too at the United counter.

so don't give it another thought.

just think of your wonderful stay on aruba!

Quote Originally Posted by gaby View Post
    thanks Tracey. We leave on a sunday and our flight is at 6 o'clock. so we won't get to the airport until 3. I'm hoping I can get the boarding pass printed from lisa if she is around doing a wedding the night before. I'm meeting her for lunch one day so I'll ask her. one my hubby retires, we can leave on a weekday, lol.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast