Aruba Beach
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Pets on US Air?

Pets on US Air?

I found this on "FlyerTalk" Forums.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    In speaking with the CP desk today, I was advised that effective tomorrow (May 3) that US is changing its pet policy so that pet reservations will now all be handled at the airport. Presently, if you travel with a pet accompanying you in the cabin, you call US to determine if the flight has pet availability and if so, obtain a record locator for the pet. You then pay the pet fee at the airport prior to departure.
    Not sure how this change will affect ability to "advance plan" when making reservations - so any information anyone else has regarding this change would be appreciated.
    I understand that there are some folks who would prefer not to have pets in the cabin - but for those of you who are dog/cat lovers and travel with their pets, this change could be significant regarding your ability to plan ahead.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    I will follow and post if I hear anything new.
    Eagle Beach Boy
    Ontario, Canada

Banned
    Once again, the airlines are making it more and more difficult and nerve-racking to fly. Now if I understand your post correctly, we go to the airport w/our pets and hope that there will be room in the cabin for them. (I know they only allow so many pets to travel in the cabin.) My boys will not be happy w/this change....Look to the left to see their photos? Do they look like "checked baggage"material?

my sister is highly allergic to cats and if she was on a plane with cats she would have difficultly in breathing. I have to say that the new pet travel program has caused a lot fo difficulty for people with allergies.
    happiness is going to Aruba with your adult kids because they still want to come with their parents

Banned
    Randi: I can sympathize w/your sister being allergic. I'm allergic to my cats,some perfumes, mold, cigarette smoke, etc. (You should see me at the Aruba Airport running by the smoking areas.) These are all things that I have to deal w/on a regular basis. That's why I take allergy meds. I would suggest to your sister to check w/the airlines for flights that don't allow pets. That way we'll all be accommodated.

If this were in fact correct, that would really make my life simple.
    One of the reasons the Lady and I have been on the teeter-totter about a longer trip to paradise is, yes, the idea of leaving our feline roomy for more than a week or two. Hard on him to some degree, harder on us.

This could in fact be a bonus for those that would like to be able to travel without tossing the four legged ones into the nasty cargo hold below decks, though not so great for the allergic folks.

How about an "adults and pets only" flight? Imagine that, a plane full of purrs and barks and wagging tails and relaxed people.
    That has to be better than a plane full of screaming children... and that seems to be becoming a somewhat regular thing.
    Mr. Ratt
    "It's not having what you want, it's wanting what you've got..."
    Aruba.... May 12, 2018... 3pm at the Tamarijn, see you there.
    http://www.heyoka-healing.com

Aruba since 1979
    what airlines that fly to/from aruba do not allow in cabin (carry on/under seat) animals?

Quote Originally Posted by Andrea J. View Post
    what airlines that fly to/from aruba do not allow in cabin (carry on/under seat) animals?
    At one point I only found US Air and United that did. I heard Jet Blue does but not good connections for me.
    Eagle Beach Boy
    Ontario, Canada

Aruba since 1979
    i know AA does allow.

so, Jet Blue; American; UsAirways; United = allow

Delta and Air Tran?

Quote Originally Posted by Andrea J. View Post
    i know AA does allow.
    so, Jet Blue; American; UsAirways; United = allow
    Delta and Air Tran?
    US Air transfers in Charlotte = Great
    United in Washington Dulles = Good
    American in Miami = Ick
    Jet Blue = NY area ???
    Delta = Atlanta ???

Allways looking for the best route, service, and price.
    Last edited by Eagle Beach Boy; 05-05-2011 at 11:14 AM.
    Eagle Beach Boy
    Ontario, Canada

Has anyone put there dogs in baggage? Ours are too big for under the seat!! We are talking to friends about keeping our dogs, just not sure how they will do on the flight. (Chicago direct). We don't want them to be tramatized. I'm not sure if I can give them away when we move.
    There is a airline that is for animals but they don't fly international. ;~(

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast