Aruba Beach
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Play dough as carry on???

Play dough as carry on???

Can you pack play dough in your carry on-anyone know?

I wouldn't chance it, it looks too much like plastique explosive!

I read a story about a little boy who got play dough for Christmas and wanted to take it with him for entertainment on the flight. Sadly it was taken away from him at the security check point.. This happened in January 2010.

Thank you so much. I kinda thought that would be the answer, but I guess I was just wishing. LOL
    Again thank you! This is just the BEST forum!!
    Pat

Aruba since 1979
    i am moving this to airlines.

You know, I was just thinking about this, I wonder when I put play dough in my luggage, I bet the TSA will go through my bad now. Dag--oh well, at least I have the TSA lock. LOL

January 05, 2010
    TSA Confiscates Boy's Play-Doh at New Orleans Airport
    http://www.foxnews.com/us/2010/01/05/tsa-confiscates-boys-play-doh-new-orleans-airport/

"...turns out itís not prohibited on the TSAís website - so apparently those are not the rules."... Play-Doh is not a prohibited item and it is allowed on board.

However, because plastic explosives can be camouflaged to look like Play-Doh, a TSA spokeswoman says screeners are told to use their own discretion.

In this case, the screeners discretion meant Josh lost one of his favorite Christmas gifts from grandma.

"And itís just really hard to go through security in general with children, much less the child whose favorite toy has been taken away."..."

Thank you so much. I know I must say this everytime I post, but this is the greatest forum! It was so nice of you to look this up. Oh and sorry I didn't spell play doh right LOL
    I still think I will put it in my luggage. Again thank you Arubalisa I greatly appreciate you.
    Pat

Quote Originally Posted by Love Aruba View Post
    Thank you so much. I know I must say this everytime I post, but this is the greatest forum! It was so nice of you to look this up. Oh and sorry I didn't spell play doh right LOL
    I still think I will put it in my luggage. Again thank you Arubalisa I greatly appreciate you.
    Pat
    No problem, I am always happy to help.
    As to the spelling, I have seen it spelled a number of ways. As a matter of fact Hasbro spells it
    <title>Play Doh</title> in the title of their Pay-Doh page and the and Play-Doh on the packaging.

For the plane ride check out the info at Airplane activities
    www.aruba.com/forum/f8/airplane-activities-41619/

Aruba since 1979
    way off topic...........but play doh was the best thing for our son to have in church to keep him occupied when he was a toddler. tried silly putty once, but he made a ball of it and bounced it around.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast