Aruba Beach
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Price Drop

Price Drop

Been tracking March airfares for some time with potential departure from 4 different airports. Closest airport is Green Bay, WI. Last Monday ticket price was $1,100 PP. Yesterday $960. Logged on this morning and had 3 price change alerts since midnight from YAPTA. Booked our flights this morning @ $611 PP. Lowest we've paid in many many years since they discountinued charter flights from Chicago.

Price above is lower than the current price of the United non-stop from Chicago that we are connecting to. Even the 12"+ snow srorm we're in the middle of can't take the smile off my face!!!!!!
    Joe & Mimi

LIFE IS GOOD

Terrific news on the fare! I too have been tracking fares. 3-4 months out seems to be the "magic discount" window.

Lisa. glad to see you're watching fares. Must indicate Aruba 2011 is in the planning?
    Joe & Mimi

LIFE IS GOOD

Quote Originally Posted by Snidely View Post
    Lisa. glad to see you're watching fares. Must indicate Aruba 2011 is in the planning?
    A girl has to be able to dream.

I too am trying to watch fares also. They just seem to be stuck where they are at. Planning for my first trip in June and I am getting fares at around 600 rt coming out of rdu

Aruba since 1979
    add those taxes in and they will be closer to $700

Quote Originally Posted by MzZaria23 View Post
    I too am trying to watch fares also. They just seem to be stuck where they are at. Planning for my first trip in June and I am getting fares at around 600 rt coming out of rdu

Quote Originally Posted by MzZaria23 View Post
    That is pretty good. Delta from Atlanta in June, mid-week is $850 and about $650 on a weekend.

Set your target, pounce when it comes up and don't look back. Many times I passed on nice fair in hopes a better would surface only to watch prices steadily increase.
    Joe & Mimi

LIFE IS GOOD

Snidley, you have no idea how many times I've looked in December for Augustm saw a low price and said to myself oh it will go down after the high season this year the same back in December I could of had (2) tickets Jet Blue for $874 but instead I was lucky enough to get Airtran for $1,006.00, like you said jump when you see the price you think is good.
    Next Aruba trip in

Banned
    Based on what the news is saying, gasoline will be $4 a gallon very soon so jet fuel will follow. I got my tickets last month for week 27 travel at the lowest I have ever paid. Those seats are now$120 more per person and seem to be going up daily. If you are comfortable with the price now, don't hesitate, get them.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast