Aruba Beach
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree19Likes

Thread: Price of tickets nowadays.....

Angry Price of tickets nowadays.....

so, I have been watching for reasonable tickets for our November trip and have found it lacking.
    Because our TS is Sunday to Sunday and I want to make the most of all the time I can I am trying to keep
    it Sun-Sun.
    Usually able to get tickets for 450-520 as well as reasonable flight schedules but since AA and USAir merged
    the prices are in the 700s...seems since the competition is gone AA is trying to choke the life out of you on prices.
    If I look at their cheaper deals its a leave on Sunday early morning and arrive in Aruba on Monday late afternoon/
    early evening !!! Are they crazy ???
    Even Delta and Southwest have jumped on the bandwagon figuring they have you by the ...you know what...AWFUL !!
    Usually I already have the tickets booked and am happy that the "watching and waiting" is over, but here I am
    still watching and waiting and NOW hoping for a miracle !!!!
    JetBlue is difficult to book since I fly out of Pittsburgh and would have to fly to NYC first, which would be okay but I never seem
    to be able to get a flight booked....always says no flights available...guess I am just not on their website at the right time..
    Ok, so I am done feeling sorry for myself, but I feel a little better to have gotten this off my chest....
    Any suggestions are happily accepted !!!!!
    ARUBA....HOME AWAY FROM HOME

We usually go every year in Sept. Seems like I never book our flights until about May or June for our Sept. trip. That's when I always found the best fares for our market (Delta flying from MSP). Always pay around $500 RT. For our market (Minneapolis), our fares to AUA are always best about 3-4 months prior to our trips. Other cities could be different though. Supply and demand as always.
    ~Amy~ - Playa del Carmen, MX: March 2017 - 34th trip to Aruba: May 2017 - Munich, Salzburg, Prague: June/July 2017 - Santa Barbara, CA wine country: Nov. 2017 - Seattle: Nov. 2017 - 35th trip to Aruba: New Years Eve 2017/2018

Senior Member LeaveTheKidsWithMom's Avatar
    You are early. We are booked in October and haven't even started looking for flights, did check prices and they are very high. We do have more choices than you but we wont book until 30 days out unless we get a sale in between. You can do a fare alert with Kayak and or Flight Hopper. Good luck!

Aruba since 1979
    is SWA an option for you?

what about Jet Blue to Ft Lauderdale to AUA?

I was just looking at flights last night and got myself all mad! I booked around $570 each including 2 nights in a hotel out of JFK with one stop on the way to Aruba. Last night I found non stop out of Newark (closer & less tolls) for $630 each. You can make yourself crazy trying to figure out when the best time to book is. Choose a price that you are ok with and if you find a flight close to it, just book it! (and don't look back like I did!)
    Jacki ~ loving Aruba from NJ

Arashi Beach, Hyatt, Radisson, Shopping, Flea Market, Downtown, Palm Beach, Everything
    we are going the end of November, just before thanksgiving. we booked in february with united, paid I think $400 round trip and the next day after my 24 hours was up, it dropped to $350 RT. I always start looking once they post the flights for when we are going, since we usually go around the same time and stay 3 weeks and rent the same house. I book the minute I am comfortable with the price and don't look back. $50 one way or the other isn't going to make or break me. Of course its just me & my husband. if I had to add kids to that mix, then its a whole other ballgame.

Quote Originally Posted by gaby View Post
    Of course its just me & my husband. if I had to add kids to that mix, then its a whole other ballgame.
    With 5 of us (out of my pocket) it makes a bit of a difference. Then I think $300 may not be worth getting to Aruba 90 minutes earlier...and it's Jet Blue vs United... Crazy - I make myself crazy!
    Jacki ~ loving Aruba from NJ

the lowest i have seen out of newark non stop has been 350.00 r/t.depending on the season and holidays if you can get something around 420.00 or less your doing good

Have you considered extending your trip to accommodate lighter travel days? You might catch a break on airfare and stay a few days longer for not much of a difference.
    [url=https://www.TickerFactory.com/]

OUR COUPLE'S RETREAT. THE PEARL CONDO HOTEL AT EAGLE BEACH. CONDO ACCOMMODATES TWO ADULTS. YOU MUST REQUEST UNIT #8. https://youtu.be/hfk7YBj3Z1k
    RENTING DIRECTLY THROUGH http://www.thepearlaruba.com/.

Andrea,
    SWA is a choice although I noticed they only go to November 2nd right now.....

I usually don't have any issues finding a reasonable price and after 20+ years of going I was really surprised to find nothing below 700.... actually there are a few cheaper ones but who wants to start the trip at 500am on one day and not get to aruba till 4pm the next ?????

I have also looked at staying a few days more, would happily do that but Dh is fussing about even going this year....do not know what is up with that, but I guess if he doesn't go its cheaper for me and I could stay over a few more days....or, I did see really reasonable first class seats on Delta...something to think about.....
    I will corner Joe and demand an answer and when he says he isn't coming I will jump on those tickets .....Yay, thanks all for helping me decide what to do !!!!
    ARUBA....HOME AWAY FROM HOME

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast