Aruba Beach
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree19Likes

Thread: Price of tickets nowadays.....

Quote Originally Posted by gaby View Post
    we are going the end of November, just before thanksgiving. we booked in february with united, paid I think $400 round trip and the next day after my 24 hours was up, it dropped to $350 RT. I always start looking once they post the flights for when we are going, since we usually go around the same time and stay 3 weeks and rent the same house. I book the minute I am comfortable with the price and don't look back. $50 one way or the other isn't going to make or break me. Of course its just me & my husband. if I had to add kids to that mix, then its a whole other ballgame.
    Gaby, where do you fly out of ??? I live close to the Pittsburgh (PA) airport so am at a disadvantage...used to be nice when usair was still around...very reasonable flights, have gotten them as cheap as 390...Now, I would have a stroke if I found them that cheap for that time of year (last 3 weeks of Nov.)
    we are flying down 4/29-5/6 and did get tickets for 293/person but I think that is because it is the end of platinum season and start of summer so flights are always cheaper, plus we are flying down on aa and back united...
    will just keep looking...
    ARUBA....HOME AWAY FROM HOME

Good idea to consider the business class price. I have noticed that Delta sometimes offers some pretty good prices of business class seats. There were times when the coach fare on Jet Blue was coming out to around $700 round trip and with extra leg room another $130 but Delta would have the business class seat for around $800 so I went with Delta. I'm going to Puerto Rico with Delta in May business class $610.00 but the coach was $520.

Arashi Beach, Hyatt, Radisson, Shopping, Flea Market, Downtown, Palm Beach, Everything
    Dana, we flight out of Newark on United. The airport is less than 15 minutes from our house. United is the only game in town with non-stop. But what we do is after booking a cheap flight, I then upgrade to first class with miles. but sometimes the first class is so cheap (usually for 12 seconds, lol) but if you jump on it, you can get it for the cost of a regular airfare. we are flying down 11/21 and returning 12/14. we usually go around thanksgiving, either on the day, the day after but this time we are going a few days before.

The only time I book quite a ways out is for New Years Eve because the holidays are always high. Hate booking so early but we just saw a good deal for New Years Eve this year so booked today. I just hope I still want to go (and nothing comes up) between now and the end of the year. LOL! I really hate booking any trip this far out - even our Europe trips we normally don't book flights until about 4-5 months prior.
    ~Amy~ - Playa del Carmen, MX: March 2017 - 34th trip to Aruba: May 2017 - Munich, Salzburg, Prague: June/July 2017 - Santa Barbara, CA wine country: Nov. 2017 - Seattle: Nov. 2017 - 35th trip to Aruba: New Years Eve 2017/2018

Dana, have you considered getting an airlines credit card? We have the American Airlines card and charge everything but our mortgage (and that too if they'd let us). We pay it off in full every month, and the miles really add up. It's a good option for free flights or upgrades to first class using miles. We fly to Aruba every year in first class for free using miles.

We do similar except with Capitol 1. We've covered our airfare to the island 100% the last eleven trips and already have enough points banked for our next two. It's a great plan for anyone that can do it.

Quote Originally Posted by WaltVB View Post
    Dana, have you considered getting an airlines credit card? We have the American Airlines card and charge everything but our mortgage (and that too if they'd let us). We pay it off in full every month, and the miles really add up. It's a good option for free flights or upgrades to first class using miles. We fly to Aruba every year in first class for free using miles.
    [url=https://www.TickerFactory.com/]
    TRIP 14 MARCH 5-28 2018

OUR COUPLE'S RETREAT. THE PEARL CONDO HOTEL AT EAGLE BEACH. CONDO ACCOMODATES TWO ADULTS. https://youtu.be/hfk7YBj3Z1k
    RENTING DIRECTLY THROUGH http://www.thepearlaruba.com/.

I have found with American I have better luck with booking my fares one way. I can't remember, was Baltimore an option for you? They have good park, sleep, fly places that might make up for the cost of tickets. Southwest would be nonstop and American you would either stop in Miami or Charlotte.

We fly direct from Philadelphia to Aruba on American-Philly is an American hub and it is the only one that flies direct. It is usually $650-750 round trip per person but that can easily get to $1200 a person during Christmas and New Years. Jet Blue files from Philly, but with the layover it is almost double the travel time. Spirit flies out of Atlantic City(we live between Philly and AC), but not direct and only on Saturdays and has lots of baggage restrictions and small seats.

I booked my flights for Xmas basically the day the prices were posted..thanks to someone on this site. I just checked and if I purchased the same tickets today for my family of 3 it would have been an extra $600! My tickets were about 1k direct both ways and now its over 1200 for the same flight.

Senior Member Liz - Aruba Lover's Avatar
    I got a good price of $410 r/t on United non-stop out of EWR for my trip in 15 sleeps and a wake-up.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast