Aruba Beach
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: Prices for NYE 2016/17

Prices for NYE 2016/17

I was looking at flights, and while the return is not available yet the prices next year seem incredible on American Airlines out of Boston. I can presently only price Dec 26-Dec 29 but it was just over 2k for my family of 3, that is DIRT cheap for that period. Its such a great price I am actually going to have to seriously consider buying the flights one leg at a time to ensure a great price, and give up traveling on Jet Blue- but for those prices, I may not have a choice.

I would not consider it dirt cheap my any means.....but my experience over nearly two decades with American out of Boston to Aruba during vacation periods is that it is best to buy early. Jet Blue will fleece you, they know that they're the only non-stop.

Are you north, south or west of Boston? We fly out of Providence over New Year's on American (formerly USAirways) through either Charlotte or Philadelphia.
    Please contact via e-mail at arubarennowner@gmail.com

We are 45 min west of the city, its easy to fly out of Providence as well. I am sure you are correct about the prices, I guess I am use to getting fleeced by Jet Blue for direct flights...I will certainly check Providence.

The prices out of Providence were a few hundred more total for similar dates. Looking at one way flights for less than $300 on 12/26 out of Boston seems really low after paying $1300 hundred or so each (maybe more I have block it out, lol) for direct flights in 2 weeks over school break.

I have yet to see any bargains by waiting when purchasing air tickets to Aruba for Christmas. Like hotel rooms, there are a limited number and guaranteed to sell out. The early bird will get the cheapest prices.

I will chat with the wife about the Non-direct flight option to save a small fortune. I may go ahead and just book the one way part now its under $280 PP now. As much as I hate not flying direct I may have to.

although the 5am departure time is just flat out cruel, lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Aruba4ever View Post
    The prices out of Providence were a few hundred more total for similar dates. Looking at one way flights for less than $300 on 12/26 out of Boston seems really low after paying $1300 hundred or so each (maybe more I have block it out, lol) for direct flights in 2 weeks over school break.
    When you said 2k I took that to be $2000 for three. If you're at $300 pp, buy it now.
    Please contact via e-mail at arubarennowner@gmail.com

Its $850 or so for one way for the 3 of us. I brought it up over dinner to the wife and it was shot down, lol. My wife does not do the connecting flight thing. This was her response. "Honey, we have our hotel for $700 and change over NYE for the entire week, there is no chance I am worrying about connecting flights, or the worrying about the cost of Jet Blue"

Today I put tix on hold from PHL to AUA, with AA. Four people, coach, $3,700+. Ouch!!! Last yr I bought on this exact same day 331 days out and paid only $3,100. I am thinking its too much to stomach this year. Will try our places and maybe play with the dates a little bit.

Anyone have thoughts?

ArubaLisa, I know you and I travel the around the same time. Have you purchased your Air yet?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast