Aruba Beach
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Question...

Quote Originally Posted by DANNYO View Post
    shot of tequila!!! Didn't think of that.
    haha tequila! It'll put me to sleep maybe I should do that!

Quote Originally Posted by Sgroi135 View Post
    Just keep your window blind closed... And bring an iPod or something to keep you occupied. Just try not to think about it, I know harder said than done....
    Definitely will bring my laptop or iPod for sure!

I consider myself one of the worlds most nervous flyers...to the point where I don't eat anything the day before the flight because my stomach does flip flops! A movie on the lap top REALLY gets my mind off everything. Honestly, I wouldn't say that if it weren't true, it really helps. I bring 4 movies, 2 for the flight down and 2 back! As soon as you get there, you will forget all about it!!! Enjoy

Eagle Beach, exploring the "Outback", Madi's tour to the Natural Pool , dinner at Papiamento's
    I used to be a little nervous, but then decided that the flight was a means to an end, and oh man, what an end! lol
    Now I actually enjoy the flight -- I'm so pumped to be going somewhere fun!

Quote Originally Posted by Shelly View Post
    I consider myself one of the worlds most nervous flyers...to the point where I don't eat anything the day before the flight because my stomach does flip flops! A movie on the lap top REALLY gets my mind off everything. Honestly, I wouldn't say that if it weren't true, it really helps. I bring 4 movies, 2 for the flight down and 2 back! As soon as you get there, you will forget all about it!!! Enjoy
    Aw thank you so much for making me feel better! You all have, this is a great forum! I'm so much more excited now! I will definitely bring some movies for sure! Time to search my Netflix!

Quote Originally Posted by Windy View Post
    I used to be a little nervous, but then decided that the flight was a means to an end, and oh man, what an end! lol
    Now I actually enjoy the flight -- I'm so pumped to be going somewhere fun!
    LOL!!! That is a way to look at it! I am so excited to see Aruba for the first time!

Natural Pool, Druif Beach, Eagle Beach, California Lighthouse, Helicopter
    Kudos to you for facing the fear - you won't regret it - Aruba is awesome!
    I hope you are comfortable flying and some day can appreciate the view from the sky. There are some gorgeous waters between the states and Aruba!! Dh and I fight over the window seat.

Aruba since 1979
    DH and i also fight over the window.
    when we were young marrieds he graciously gave the window to me.
    now after 26+ yrs, not so much.
    in fact for our upcoming trip to aruba, when choosing seats for ourselves on the air tran website...........we each chose a window A 14 A 15 hahahahaha same on return.
    i will sit behind him and drop my tray, kick the seat, make noises etc..... seriously though, will lean against the window and snore and drool.

Hi Amanda,
    I too hate to fly and we have been going to Aruba for the past 7 yrs. We usually fly Delta out of Atlanta. I am the worst on take offs and landings. My husband has permanent nail marks in his arms from me squeezing so tight. I always sit on the aisle it makes it much easier for me to squirm around without bothering anyone. If you are not looking out the window you will never know that you are over water.
    Try not to worry and concentrate on the destination, it will be worth it once your arrive!

Amanda you'll do fine take a pill and a shot you'll be sleeping. My husband doesn't like to fly he reads, I can't stand sitting for the 4 hour flight but I just keep thinking of landing in Aruba and heading for timeshare and beach. You're gonna love Aruba. I'm hooked we'll be returning in March. Let us know how all goes with flight and how much you love Aruba.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast