Aruba Beach
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Question...

The first time I flew to aruba I was very nervous, but now I love sitting by the window looking out and seeing what I can see. Relax.....you're on your way to aruba......it will be fabulous!!

Quote Originally Posted by sunnysmiles View Post
    Kudos to you for facing the fear - you won't regret it - Aruba is awesome!
    I hope you are comfortable flying and some day can appreciate the view from the sky. There are some gorgeous waters between the states and Aruba!! Dh and I fight over the window seat.
    I flew last September alone to Minnesota and seriously I cried when we were taking off! I'm such a big baby! But this is my first time flying with my husband and I think with him next to me I will be okay. The more I think about it I always feel so safe with him so I should be okay! Maybe I might just sit next to the window once...on the way back!!

Quote Originally Posted by Andrea J. View Post
    DH and i also fight over the window.
    when we were young marrieds he graciously gave the window to me.
    now after 26+ yrs, not so much.
    in fact for our upcoming trip to aruba, when choosing seats for ourselves on the air tran website...........we each chose a window A 14 A 15 hahahahaha same on return.
    i will sit behind him and drop my tray, kick the seat, make noises etc..... seriously though, will lean against the window and snore and drool.
    Ha! I love it "After 26+ years not so much." I love that you guys sit separate so you both get window seats, that's awesome! We have window seats on the way down and on the way back, maybe on the way back I'll get the courage up and sit by the window!!

Quote Originally Posted by peapod View Post
    Hi Amanda,
    I too hate to fly and we have been going to Aruba for the past 7 yrs. We usually fly Delta out of Atlanta. I am the worst on take offs and landings. My husband has permanent nail marks in his arms from me squeezing so tight. I always sit on the aisle it makes it much easier for me to squirm around without bothering anyone. If you are not looking out the window you will never know that you are over water.
    Try not to worry and concentrate on the destination, it will be worth it once your arrive!
    You all are so awesome making me feel so good about the flight! That's what I keep telling myself is that when I land I'll be in paradise!!

Quote Originally Posted by CandyC55 View Post
    Amanda you'll do fine take a pill and a shot you'll be sleeping. My husband doesn't like to fly he reads, I can't stand sitting for the 4 hour flight but I just keep thinking of landing in Aruba and heading for timeshare and beach. You're gonna love Aruba. I'm hooked we'll be returning in March. Let us know how all goes with flight and how much you love Aruba.
    I thought about that pill to help me sleep, but my husband says I have narcolepsy anyway so I shouldn't have a problem falling asleep! HA! He's so sweet... I will definitely let you know how the flight and how much we LOVE Aruba!

Quote Originally Posted by Meem27 View Post
    The first time I flew to aruba I was very nervous, but now I love sitting by the window looking out and seeing what I can see. Relax.....you're on your way to aruba......it will be fabulous!!
    I hope that's how I feel on the way home! Relaxed and wanting to sit next to the window!!

Natural Pool, Druif Beach, Eagle Beach, California Lighthouse, Helicopter
    Quote Originally Posted by ShawnandAmanda View Post
    I flew last September alone to Minnesota and seriously I cried when we were taking off! I'm such a big baby! But this is my first time flying with my husband and I think with him next to me I will be okay. The more I think about it I always feel so safe with him so I should be okay! Maybe I might just sit next to the window once...on the way back!!
    I know exactly how you feel - It's just different with my dh by my side - I feel like I could conquer the world. Isn't that weird?! It's a great feeling though!

Quote Originally Posted by sunnysmiles View Post
    I know exactly how you feel - It's just different with my dh by my side - I feel like I could conquer the world. Isn't that weird?! It's a great feeling though!
    Yes! Exactly! I love that feeling!

Tamarijn, Donkey Sanctuary, Ocean, Bunker Bar!
    Too bad you aren't going on the 15th. We are flying Denver to Atlanta and then we too will be taking the Atlanta to Aruba flight. We could have commiserated together - I am not the happiest of flyers either but it really isn't bad.

The Xanax is a good idea if you're really spooked. I live in Colorado and have a terrible fear of driving in the mountains when it is snowing, even more so than flying. Not too good since we are skiers! My Dr. prescribed Xanax and I can take 1/2 to 1 pill (depending on the forecast), and I'm still able to function. Of course my husband is driving!

Anyway, once you get to Aruba you will forget all about it!
    Next Aruba trip in

airlines and airfares

I hope that's how I feel on the way home! Relaxed and wanting to sit next to the window!!
    trust me you will...taking off for me was always the worst...so I got to waving at all the guys with the orange cones!!!! Now I can't wait to "wave" especially when I know where the end is taking me

and some of those guys are kinda' cute Lol!!!!!!!!!!!
    Last edited by Meem27; 06-23-2010 at 10:48 PM. Reason: wrong spelling

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast