Aruba Beach
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Question...

When I was a kid I loved to fly. I even took flying lesson when I was in Civil Air Patrol as a teen. Then after 9/11 hit, all I could think of was the people on those planes calling their loved ones telling them goodbye one more time, and I was freaked out about flying. Definitely flying with my husband helps a lot, as does a muscle relaxer! My daughter is the best remedy though, as I know I need to be strong for her - don't want to freak her out by crying and showing my anxiety! Seriously, we just made the flight from Atlanta a few months back and it was smooth, just a few very minor pockets of turbulence and the view was incredible. The water is so clear and it is amazing to look at all the tiny islands and dream of which one you are going to own! I wasn't nearly as anxious on this flight as I have been in the past and I think it was because I needed this vacation and knew God was going to deny me that!

Quote Originally Posted by Mile High Sue View Post
    Too bad you aren't going on the 15th. We are flying Denver to Atlanta and then we too will be taking the Atlanta to Aruba flight. We could have commiserated together - I am not the happiest of flyers either but it really isn't bad.

The Xanax is a good idea if you're really spooked. I live in Colorado and have a terrible fear of driving in the mountains when it is snowing, even more so than flying. Not too good since we are skiers! My Dr. prescribed Xanax and I can take 1/2 to 1 pill (depending on the forecast), and I'm still able to function. Of course my husband is driving!

Anyway, once you get to Aruba you will forget all about it!
    Aw yeah you're going a day before us! My husband just tells me I worry too much...so what if I do it gives me something to do haha! Oh wow I wouldn't be able to deal with driving in the mountains when it's snowing! No way! That's what everyone says when we get there I'll be happy I made the flight!

Quote Originally Posted by Meem27 View Post
    trust me you will...taking off for me was always the worst...so I got to waving at all the guys with the orange cones!!!! Now I can't wait to "wave" especially when I know where the end is taking me

and some of those guys are kinda' cute Lol!!!!!!!!!!!
    HA! I love that waving at the guys with the orange cones! I will admit some of them are cute with their orange jackets and tans going on! HA! Oh man this makes me laugh! That's all I will think about now when I get on that plane!

Quote Originally Posted by badney View Post
    When I was a kid I loved to fly. I even took flying lesson when I was in Civil Air Patrol as a teen. Then after 9/11 hit, all I could think of was the people on those planes calling their loved ones telling them goodbye one more time, and I was freaked out about flying. Definitely flying with my husband helps a lot, as does a muscle relaxer! My daughter is the best remedy though, as I know I need to be strong for her - don't want to freak her out by crying and showing my anxiety! Seriously, we just made the flight from Atlanta a few months back and it was smooth, just a few very minor pockets of turbulence and the view was incredible. The water is so clear and it is amazing to look at all the tiny islands and dream of which one you are going to own! I wasn't nearly as anxious on this flight as I have been in the past and I think it was because I needed this vacation and knew God was going to deny me that!
    Wow! That is awesome...you know I keep thinking how awesome this trip will be to see all the other parts of the world I haven't seen, all of God's creations will be awesome! I'm excited because one I've never been to the ocean and two I have never seen water this crystal clear in my life!! I just know that everything is in God's hands and that I'm with my husband and to just enjoy myself...nothing more to worry about! Right?!

Quote Originally Posted by ShawnandAmanda View Post
    I thought about watching a movie maybe on my laptop or something. I bet the time goes by fast when you're watching a movie. I told my husband to sit next to the window he's all excited lol! My husband said there's nothing to be scared about and if we crashed he would want to crash in the water higher chance of surviving than slamming into the ground. He knows how to make me feel better haha!

I agree, don't sit by the window and maybe watch a movie. I used to take ativan for flying, but I don't need it anymore.... just enjoy and try not to get too worked up.

Lisa
    First trip to Aruba down; many more to come

Lisa

Quote Originally Posted by lrealnurse View Post
    I agree, don't sit by the window and maybe watch a movie. I used to take ativan for flying, but I don't need it anymore.... just enjoy and try not to get too worked up.

Lisa
    Awesome thanks for the advice!

That window seat also provides your first glimpse of the island from above. Nice.

Quote Originally Posted by ShawnandAmanda View Post
    Great thanks for the info! I might try the Unisom pill. Luckily we're sitting in the back of the plain on the way to Aruba lol!!
    Actually, the smoothest ride will come in the middle of an airplane. Sitting where the wing joins the body will produce the least amount of movement. The back will move more than any other part of the airplane, especially if there is a cross wind.

Quote Originally Posted by Chadd View Post
    Actually, the smoothest ride will come in the middle of an airplane. Sitting where the wing joins the body will produce the least amount of movement. The back will move more than any other part of the airplane, especially if there is a cross wind.
    Oh no lol!!! I'm sure I'll be fine I'm just ready to get there! I will just have to relax and enjoy the plane ride!

You know what just forget about the flight close your eye's and just dream about paradise.
    Next Aruba trip in

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast