Aruba Beach
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Arubalisa

Thread: Question about checked baggage fees

Question Question about checked baggage fees

I can't seem to find the answer to this question on Delta's website so I figured I would ask the experts . We have to change planes in ATL to/from Aruba so I'm trying to figure out cost. Does Delta charge the $25 fee for EACH segment of the trip or just once when we leave DFW and once when we leave Aruba?
    Last edited by FroggieMom; 11-06-2013 at 04:05 PM. Reason: missing info

I would guess that if the bags are checked all the way through in both directions, the fee is paid once at check-in and that's it. . . . Of course that would make sense, so don't count on it. . .

Tom and Stanley (the Aruba Guys)

LOL Tom and Stanley!! Isn't that the TRUTH! My "theory" is that Delta is going to count each touchdown as a separate flight and make some $$ on each segment doubling their profit but I would like confirmation so I can pack accordingly

You are flying from your home airport, changing planes in Atlanta and then flying to Aruba?

If that is the case you will pay $25 for a passenger's first bag and $40 for a passenger's second bag. YOU DO NOT PAY PER SEGMENT. You will pay the same fee(s) again upon your return from Aruba to your home airport.

You will check your luggage at your home airport and will not see it again until you arrive in Aruba.

[QUOTE=Arubalisa;250846]You are flying from your home airport, changing planes in Atlanta and then flying to Aruba?/QUOTE]

That is correct ...DFW is my home airport and we are changing planes in ATL. Now.... on the return trip home we WILL get our bags back because we have an overnight layover in ATL...so for that we will be paying an additional $25 to recheck the bag from ATL-DFW I'm assuming.

[QUOTE=FroggieMom;250849]
    Quote Originally Posted by Arubalisa View Post
    You are flying from your home airport, changing planes in Atlanta and then flying to Aruba?/QUOTE]

That is correct ...DFW is my home airport and we are changing planes in ATL. Now.... on the return trip home we WILL get our bags back because we have an overnight layover in ATL...so for that we will be paying an additional $25 to recheck the bag from ATL-DFW I'm assuming.
    Yes, unless you get really lucky It does sometimes happen. I have seen people not charged for their bags when departing Aruba.

If you still have enough time apply for an American Express Gold Delta Skymiles credit card. The first year is free and as long as your reservations are linked together you and up to 8 people in your party will each be able to check one bag free. There are some other perks as well.

Delta now also has lots of goodies you can pay for separately http://www.delta.com/content/www/en_...ip-extras.html. Some of the "goodies" are "per" leg.
    Last edited by Arubalisa; 11-06-2013 at 05:18 PM.