Aruba Beach

Thread: Question about Delta

Question about Delta

A question for those who have traveled from Aruba to Atlanta with Delta.

They provide food service for economy class?

Thanks!

No complimentary food in economy/coach. They do offer food for purchase. http://www.delta.com/traveling_check...ass/dining.jsp

Food is typical catered fare and imo, expensive for what you get. Our family brings our own sandwiches and snacks.
    Depending upon the flight crew, they may only go through the cabin once with beverage service. We purchase beverages to bring aboard once we have gone through TSA screening.

Hmm ok.

By the way, I'm looking for the cheapest flights from Aruba to Tampa. And the options are:

American Airlines 491$ (I have always flown with AA and the service is very basic)
    Delta 482$ (I haven't had a chance to fly with them but I heard good references)
    AirTran 552$ (I've never heard)

What do you recommend? Based on price and service on board.

I hope you can help me.

Thanks!

Arashi Beach, Hyatt, Radisson, Shopping, Flea Market, Downtown, Palm Beach, Everything
    Lisa is right about the food and most times, if you're sitting in the back, they run out of the food for purchase about half way down. we always bring our own food. this time we are flying first class so they do offer food but I still bring snacks, etc.

Food Service

On the flight out of Atlanta, there is food for purchase (snack boxes and the like), but none provided. Of course, you are free to purchase stuff at the airport and bring it aboard.

Dolby1000

Quote Originally Posted by Dolby1000 View Post
    Of course, you are free to purchase stuff at the airport and bring it aboard.

Dolby1000
    Just to clarify, and so there is no confusion, you do not have to purchase the food at the airport. When departing the U.S. you can take food through TSA security.

Delta is just as good as any of the other airlines out there. No one here or anywhere else can guarantee that you will have a perfect flight on American, Air Tran or Delta. There are complaints and compliments about all airlines. Overall, we have had a bit better experiences with Delta than we had had in the past with Continental.

• We have had luggage lost by Delta, due to a flight cancellation and it was delivered within 8 hours.
    • We have had luggage damaged, twice and we were reimbursed our original purchase price.
    • We had an adoption which the child backed out on, and though the ticket was NON-refundable, Delta cheerfully refunded our full amount.
    • When dd and I came down with the chicken pox, again with non-refundable tickets and no travel insurance, Delta permitted us to cancel our flights and gladly gave us vouchers good towards future travel.

As evidenced by what happened with the Jet Blue flight sitting on the ground for 7+ hours this weekend, traveling takes patience and a sense of humor.

Aruba since 1979
    service onboard?
    pretty standard

all have food for purchase

we have flown all 3

we fly out of tampa or orlando

we always just choose the cheapest.

for our dec trip, the cheapest is AA for us. $331 pp r/t incl taxes

for our possible may trip AA is still the cheapest $385 pp r/t incl taxes

choose the least expensive

Quote Originally Posted by 757 View Post
    Hmm ok.

By the way, I'm looking for the cheapest flights from Aruba to Tampa. And the options are:

American Airlines 491$ (I have always flown with AA and the service is very basic)
    Delta 482$ (I haven't had a chance to fly with them but I heard good references)

I hope you can help me.

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by 757 View Post
    Hmm ok.

I hope you can help me.

Thanks!
    Unless you fly Spirit, there is very little difference between any US Domestic airlines. Jetblue and Continental do have better in flight entertainment, but the service and fees are very similar across the rest.

We've become Delta regulars ever since jetBlue conquered the Buffalo market share then jacked their prices. I have seen a fabulous improvement in Delta's customer service and helpfulness of their staff (gate agents and inflight staff). We've seen an improvement in their aircraft as well - the inflight entertainment on the new 757 aircraft is every bit as good as jetBlue. As for food, we usually fuel up at Hartsfield in Atlanta - lots of food options (personally our connecting flight into Aruba is early morning, so I usually head to Paschals for a good ole southern helping of sausage, eggs, with biscuits and gravy) . . .

Yum Yum.

Michael

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by mmattalo View Post
    the inflight entertainment on the new 757 aircraft is every bit as good as jetBlue.
    Michael
    Dd was on overload and never touched her Nintendo Ds or iTouch games.