Aruba Beach

Thread: Question about Infants and flights

Question about Infants and flights

Hello,

My impression was that up until 2 years old infants can fly free but was looking at pricing on Delta airlines and it says for international travel that isn't the case....

Can anyone who has done it give me some insight...

Trying to figure this out... considering going Sept 19th/26th (can get a week then) *if* I can find airfare reasonable...... can't really go if we have to pay for a ticket for my precious angel (who would only be 5 months old in Sept).

so that means that apparently I would have to pay for a ticket for her because it is an international flight not within the US.

Is that all airlines or just Delta? Those that have traveled with their infants... have you had to purchase tickets, etc...?

Every airline has their terms of service online, a quick search on the websites should provide the answers.

jetblue only charges a $14 international tax that you can pay at the check in gate in Aruba to go home. It appears American airlines and Continental also charge 10% of the price of your ticket for the infant for international flights. So for a $500 flight it looks like they would charge $50 for the infant. I guess! I have only flown jetblue and have never had a problem.

We have only had to pay a $12 fee when flying Continental with any child under 2 without a seat.
    katherine

Trip #14 in

child under 2 without seat

We have flown AA several times to Aruba with our now 4 year old before she was 2 and last month with our 11 month old on my lap, and we have only had to pay the taxes...approx. $22.00 round trip.

Hope this helps!

Quote Originally Posted by STEEL View Post
    Hello,

My impression was that up until 2 years old infants can fly free but was looking at pricing on Delta airlines and it says for international travel that isn't the case....

Can anyone who has done it give me some insight...

Trying to figure this out... considering going Sept 19th/26th (can get a week then) *if* I can find airfare reasonable...... can't really go if we have to pay for a ticket for my precious angel (who would only be 5 months old in Sept).
    We took my granddaughter to Aruba last year. We left on 12/14 and returned on 12/20. She turned 2 on 12/15 but she was free (except for a small charge tax?) since they base it on departure date.

Never fly with an infant on your lap. Always buy a ticket. Your precious angels are well worth the price of a ticket.....

My daughter recently traveled Continental to Ireland with friends who have a little one who turned 2 during the trip. Called Continental while booking the flight, they stated it is based on departure, therefore only tax for a lap child. However, on the way home the Continental rep in the airport made them pay one-way ticket for the child to travel home.
    Jacki ~ loving Aruba from NJ